Why become a member? ×

Alpher Cobia Prime ,V2. No longer available.
£1950
Wigan,

MNY

My Alpher Cobia V2 Prime is available again after my recent trade didn’t proceed in the end. This is a very unique bass built by a highly regarded luthier. It has a high level of specification with Hipshot hardware used throughout, Nordstand Blade p/j pickups and a Dingwall four position selector switch.(Please see full spec below as supplied by Chris at Alpher. Current RRP for this bass is in the region of £3000 - £3500). The bass comes in a very sturdy Hiscox hard case with a special adjustment tool and some oil to treat the roasted maple neck. For a passive instrument  the range of  tones is wide and the weight is in the light range at 3.8 kg. It’s mint with no visible finish ‘dings’ and could be mistaken for new. 

Being a lover of Jazz style basses I would gladly accept a trade for something in this area providing the value is equivalent. I am also happy to accept a trade plus cash, or will be able to put a small amount towards the right instrument if the opportunity comes along. Also interested in Musicman and Sandberg basses. Please send any questions or offers via pm. Thank you.

I  am happy to ship at the buyers expense and risk but equally happy to meet somewhere to personally deliver the bass safely. 

(photo of the bass on scales provided kindly by Walshy).

Cobia V2
34 inch scale
21 fret
Nickel silver frets
One piece rippled ash body
Roasted maple neck, figured.
Rocklite fingerboard
Nordstrand PJ blade pickups
Passive electronics (vol, 4 way, tone)
Hipshot kickass bridge
Hipshot ultralite tuners
Worn black / white finish
Black / aluminium layered pickguard
Aluminium control plate

If that bass was ordered again today it would be in the £3000-£3500 range depending on the exact pieces of wood chosen.

274E9AA4-8B3E-4B19-B3F2-0B75CBE08DAA.jpeg

4DF7D4CB-5BD8-439D-ACD5-F2ACC7E393CA.jpeg

0B2A4453-67FE-4E12-9CD9-F785C6669633.jpeg

576A15F7-1DB0-4654-A5AC-D5BB9E77F922.jpeg

Edited by MNY
  • Like 4

Sure is, bloody amazing bass. The pick ups and pre give so many sound options it really can do everything. Build quality is amazing and the customer service from the guys at Alpher is top quality too. 
GLWTS dude.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, walshy said:

Sure is, bloody amazing bass. The pick ups and pre give so many sound options it really can do everything. Build quality is amazing and the customer service from the guys at Alpher is top quality too. 
GLWTS dude.

Thanks Walshy. Hope you are keeping well. Much appreciated mate. One or two interesting offers trade wise but not quite right based on what I am hoping for. 

• Like 1

I have decided to keep the bass and have some modifications made to it by Alpher. It seems to be the most sensible course of action as the build quality is exceptional, the weight is spot on and I am learning to live with the appearance. Thanks to all those who have posted or sent messages for their input.

• Like 2