• Dad3353
    • DubDelay
    • Leonard Smalls
    • adamg67
    • Nail Soup
    • Lurksalot
    • upside downer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/21 at 23:01

One of these beauties maybe!

It’s about that time again , here we have a fantastic image chosen by @Dad3353 last months winner and a fine selection of suitably inspired tunes that I think does the choice justice.

royaldeluxemaxppp.thumb.jpg.d409e133cd24f2bd19090f48a7766be3.jpg

Now all that’s left is for you to have a listen to the offerings below and choose your favourite 3 by way of a tick in the boxes

1           @Dad3353

Down to the sea goes Brittany, to listen to the waves, gulls, passing ships with their sirens and horns blaring occasionally. Inspired by the festive ambiance (although it may rain...), she dances, waiting for her uncle, the diver, to immerge from the salt water.

2         @DubDelay

Wrote this yesterday anyway after a week of Irish staycation:

3         @Leonard Smalls

Talking of funky thing to play with, here's a funkyjazzy little thing which started with the piano solo bit in the middle musing on just what sort of party Mrs Gulliver might be travelling to with all her little mates.

4         @adamg67

I've tried to be a lot more direct again this month, and to come up with something that relates directly to the picture... a giant puppet girl taking huge steps, like a nice big ONE on the first beat, and all the little people buzzing around pulling the strings in between. It did come out with a slightly dark feel, but then who knows what a giant puppet girl is really thinking or planning?

5         @Nail Soup

Inspiration was thinking about the puppet and how she may not want to be controlled, but to be free. Then I thought that the people on the ground are not free either... they have to follow directives to synchronise the movements. So I named the song Autonomy and stole a short phrase ("I want you") from the Buzzcocks song of the same name.

6      Lurksalot

This one took a few turns on me to be honest, but I settled on a very simple approach, unsurprisingly I settled on a purely string theme and had a driving rhythm to provide the traction , lighter touches to add movement and the idea of kids playing to tie it together, all a bit loose , but I thought it suited better. 

7      @upside downer

Our heroine looks like she enjoys a good tramp around but she's a little unsteady on her feet so I've gone with quite a plodding, clompy tune with a slightly wobbly synth sound. Seeing as she's controlled by strings, I decided to use stringed instruments 

An excellent selection for you

Voting will close at midnight on Wednesday 30th

Good luck all

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

And the winner is...

@Leonard Smalls ..!

x93SDBh.gif

Here, then, is your Winner's Certificate (download and save as pdf file, then proudly print and frame...) ...

BC_Chal_Cert_2021_06.pdf 274.3 kB · 0 downloads

... which looks like this (but bigger, of course..!)...

PmV3Crd.png

a fine tune indeed , worthy of a certificate of course , if I scroll down my screen a bit though , I notice a similar score 😉

Edit to add 

my screen has just updated , and I checked it twice 😂😂

😂

Edited by lurksalot

On a side issue , there is brilliant uptake in voting this month , while I am continually impressed with the entries to this little challenge , I also think that those taking an interest and the time to listen though and cast a vote, also  deserve a mention , many thanks 

👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lawks! I'm overcome with a rollercoaster of emotion, as that's the only way they are allowed these days. Though British/German stiff upper lip suits rather more!

And a big cheers to all who voted - nice to see interest from more of the BC Massive... Especially those wot voted for me! 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Lawks! I'm overcome with a rollercoaster of emotion, as that's the only way they are allowed these days. Though British/German stiff upper lip suits rather more!

And a big cheers to all who voted - nice to see interest from more of the BC Massive... Especially those wot voted for me! 😃

Well done young man 👏

my inbox awaits 😂

• Thanks 1