Why become a member? ×

New Laney Digbeth range

Merton

1 hour ago, Merton said:

The preamp pedal looks great and at under £150 is a superb price. Could rival my love for the Ashdown OriginAL preamp 😱

That looks nice. I like the demo video apart from the nasty distorted farting sound when the tube mode was selected.

6 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Digbeth doesn’t roll off the tongue does it

Do they smell of wee and have a tramp living in them?

Of course, Digbeth might be all gentrified and stuff now with a nice shiny bus station free of tramp wee.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Merton said:

The preamp pedal looks great and at under £150 is a superb price. Could rival my love for the Ashdown OriginAL preamp 😱

1 hour ago, BruceBass3901 said:

You take that back Merton...

I was going to say “how very dare he” until I looked at the spec, I may well have to try one out myself.

• Like 1

The pedal is really intriguing, @eude and I are hatching a plan to go check them out as soon as Andertons has stock. The 500W head was intriguing too, until I realised it’s 4cm wider than the Barefaced One10 in its horizontal config. Can’t be doing with overhang 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRev said:

Do they smell of wee and have a tramp homeless person living in them?

Of course, Digbeth might be all gentrified and stuff now with a nice shiny bus station free of tramp homeless person wee.

:)

Edited by Supernaut

37 minutes ago, Jakester said:

Why *is* it called Digbeth? I mean, there's been a few good venues and a couple of notable gigs, but it's not like it's really a massively influential part of the music scene?

it's where Laney first started out i believe.

• Like 1

I like Laney - something understated about them.

The rigs look cool as!

I used to have the Nexus tube (had to sell due to lockdown) and the N410 cab. They also made really lightweight 810s in the past (around 30-40kg).

Any ideas on price at the moment?

4 minutes ago, la bam said:

I like Laney - something understated about them.

The rigs look cool as!

I used to have the Nexus tube (had to sell due to lockdown) and the N410 cab. They also made really lightweight 810s in the past (around 30-40kg).

Any ideas on price at the moment?

https://www.andertons.co.uk/search?categoryId=&storeId=10151&catalogId=3074457345616676668&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&pageSize=24&searchTerm=Laney+digbeth&authToken=&#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

ETA: very very reasonable. The heads and the preamp are whispering sweet nothings in my ears 

Edited by Merton
  • Like 2

The pre-amp pedal looks very interesting - it'll be good to hear some proper demos when people get their hands on one.
7kg for the head seems a lot when the pre-amp's only 750g. Must be some big iron in there... imagine the heft! 😆

• Haha 1

The 500w head does look interesting. Historically I haven't had the best experience with Laney. That's because I moved from a Trace Elliot combo to a similarly spec'd Laney one and, well, you know, Trace Watts and all that. 

But that's a singular situation and many years ago - I don't use  it to measure the entire brand. 

The videos I've seen so far, tend to be saying these are not class d but proper old fashioned solid state transistor amps. It's not clear yet.

I heard GK are ready to launch a small compact, but full solid state, versions of their old classics. So maybe this is the new trend?