Why become a member? ×

Show us your practice rig!

rushbo

On 25/06/2021 at 08:44, Ricky Rioli said:

Line 6 Amp and Cab sims plus Yamaha studio monitor: decent sound at any volume 

The Line 6 tho has the most frustrating user interface I've ever met, so it just sits on one setting the entire time. As does my bass, tbh.

20210625_133956.jpg

As they almost always do…

Almost every guitar and bass player who ever bought any one of the programmable multieffects units goes crazy programming and tweaking in the beginning—best invention in the universe—then the reality that more time is spent fiddling with it than actually playing through it, finally sets in. It then either becomes a one setting wonder, or an object up for sale. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yango said:

Almost every guitar and bass player who ever bought any one of the programmable multieffects units goes crazy programming and tweaking in the beginning—best invention in the universe—then the reality that more time is spent fiddling with it than actually playing through it, finally sets in. It then either becomes a one setting wonder, or an object up for sale. 

Lol. I use my zoom b1-4 on a single patch I came up with that sounds nice through headphones for practicing.

• Like 1

Depending on mood, either Headphones into Ampeg SCR-DI, if I can be bothered turning the PC on then Amplitube 4/5 using the Ampeg amps pack.. but more usually this... Mooer Hornet White - can hook it up to the laptop by Bluetooth and jam along to my hearts content.

hornet.jpg

22 minutes ago, Yango said:

Where I am at the moment, a one setting wonder would be an upgrade. I was so annoyed with the user interface I just went through the generally awful presets until I found one that sounded basically ok, spent a while getting the EQ right, and left it. 

I'm looking at the Hotone Ampero One which seems to have a good visual interface. Then I can build myself two or three settings, and it'll be a two or three setting wonder and I'll be happy ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

Where I am at the moment, a one setting wonder would be an upgrade. I was so annoyed with the user interface I just went through the generally awful presets until I found one that sounded basically ok, spent a while getting the EQ right, and left it. 

I'm looking at the Hotone Ampero One which seems to have a good visual interface. Then I can build myself two or three settings, and it'll be a two or three setting wonder and I'll be happy ;)

Does it not have an app likr the Helix and HX Stomp to set up patches on a computer?

When I gave up the pursuit of my band ambitions forever a few years ago I was left with a TC Electronics BG250 (1x15) combo. Then I got the call from an old friend…..

I bought an EBS HD350 from Lee Muir of this parish and an Accugroove Tri112L.  What a nice rig it turned out to be. Then the TC combo failed - phut! By then I’d acquired a 2nd Accugroove and an EBS Fafner. Overkill with both cabs but in my little 6x5x5 foot practice den one cab and the HD350 are sonic heaven (if again a little OTT). 
I’ve  just today acquired a more sensible amp head and this lovely, in fact quite awesome head will be up for sale soon. 

FD827F14-EEDA-442B-B0FC-CBF66E0AE7EB.jpeg

This is mine. It's been tricky squeezing everything into a small flat, which is why the amp is on its side. I suppose I could simplify it a bit, but with the mic into one channel of the JS10 and audio out from the laptop into the other leaves nowhere to plug in the bass. Being able to record straight off Spotify or YouTube and use the speed control and looper is a big help.

20210710_172847.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2021 at 08:15, Ricky Rioli said:

I'm looking at the Hotone Ampero One which seems to have a good visual interface. Then I can build myself two or three settings, and it'll be a two or three setting wonder and I'll be happy

Bought myself a Hotone Ampero, it arrived today.

20210719_180240-01.thumb.jpeg.3129be7bfb3193fc07d4bb841fe43885.jpeg

Have built four patches and ahhh the user interface...lovely :)

Were I a serious guitarist, not a leisure bassist, I would have gone for the Headrush Gigboard, but I decided the additional functionality it offers would have just make me feel small

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I go from pedals into a Allen & Heath Xone 23 DJ mixer and out of KRK Rockit 6 monitors (or headphones).

Can play along to records or phone/laptop (and use 3 band EQ per channel, also has LPF and HPF) and the mixer has a built-in soundcard so can record to Laptop via USB.

IMG_20210827_122153475.jpg

• Like 2

On 25/06/2021 at 13:41, Jonesy said:

I mostly use a Zoom B1Four and some headphones to play along to songs from Spotify. Every now and then I break out a 15w Rumble, but that's pretty rare since picking up the Zoom.

PXL_20210625_123603101.jpg

Oldish post, but I have a quick question for you. So when you play through your headphones you use the input jack on the zoom, I get that, but how do you get to here the tunes from Spotify through your headphones at the same time.

21 minutes ago, Mickyk said:

Oldish post, but I have a quick question for you. So when you play through your headphones you use the input jack on the zoom, I get that, but how do you get to here the tunes from Spotify through your headphones at the same time.

There's an aux in on the zoom, so I just use a 3.5mm jack to connect it to my laptop and we're away 😊

On 25/06/2021 at 22:01, JapanAxe said:

While I wasn't gigging I thought I might as well enjoy my smaller stage rig at home, so this has been my practice rig for several months. All being well, the Demeter is soon to be displaced from this role by my home-build B15 clone.

H3D3d81.jpg

Fabulous amp...best I've used

This:

5D9130A7-943C-43EE-8784-7B140967832D.webp.fa6e08c75d3b7e710ca737877f33b860.webp

or this:

210E4AAE-D27A-4A70-ABA3-9B74CE3CCDE6.jpeg.0e23b160d8bbf903a72fa6eb400b0d19.jpeg

Living in a condo, playing through an amp would be a d**k head move. I want to stay friends with my neighbours. 
So it’s either my trusty Ovation Celebrity Acoustic Bass, or my EBMM/G&L through my Ampeg SCR-DI into headphones. 

Edited by Yango