Why become a member? ×

Fender JMJ Mustang. Just pulled the trigger, video now up

police squad

On 25/06/2021 at 13:12, danweb22 said:

Yep, they make a set specifically for the string through mustang bass (more flexible ball end to stop the strings from breaking because of the angle over the saddles)

The 760F-MUS are the ones 

ABA79B2A-0366-4AE0-8109-42FBFBAD231D.thumb.jpeg.a666af41feb2650a2f2761750e36007a.jpeg

Those sound fantastic on a Mustang. Usually I'm not that a fan of vintage sounding flats, but these have a lot of character and are quite flexible too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, police squad said:

It's arrived!!!😁

but I'm at work🤣

Pictures later

Work sucks! You won’t be any use to anyone for the rest of the day, you’ll be too distracted. Pack it in and immerse yourself thoroughly in your NBD 😉.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Work sucks! You won’t be any use to anyone for the rest of the day, you’ll be too distracted. Pack it in and immerse yourself thoroughly in your NBD 😉.

lol, I work for myself, family engineering business. I needed to do the wages today, so I can't go home till that's done. I have to pay my staff, it's only fair and as they all work hard here. (bet you don't hear that very often lol)

I'll get away about 4 today, I'm quite looking forward to it

• Like 3

its happened

I was a bit underwhelmed at first. For about 10 seconds but that neck! It's the closest profile to my 73 P bass I've played

Might need a trussrod tweak but acoustically it sounds huge.

I've not plugged it in yet, maybe tomorrow but I'll get some pics up in the morning

defo needs the black pickguard, it will remind me of my first Fender, a late 70s Musicmaster bass

Stock flats seems good

right now though, back to the 2nd half of Swiss v france (and my red wine)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, police squad said:

its happened

I was a bit underwhelmed at first. For about 10 seconds but that neck! It's the closest profile to my 73 P bass I've played

Might need a trussrod tweak but acoustically it sounds huge.

I've not plugged it in yet, maybe tomorrow but I'll get some pics up in the morning

defo needs the black pickguard, it will remind me of my first Fender, a late 70s Musicmaster bass

Stock flats seems good

right now though, back to the 2nd half of Swiss v france (and my red wine)

It gets better plugged in. Awesome sound with full tone or backed off. You’ll be impressed 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, police squad said:

I've still not plugged it in yet, but I've put the black pick guard on it. Looks fab

The neck, though, WOW it's just so playable

C’mon, man! Get a grip (and a lead and an amp). You’re right about the neck, all my other basses now feel somewhat angular and unwelcoming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

C’mon, man! Get a grip (and a lead and an amp). You’re right about the neck, all my other basses now feel somewhat angular and unwelcoming.

I just dont seem to get the time, I just noodle on it when I get a spare 5 minutes

I might just go home early today and try it against my old 73 P bass

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, police squad said:

I just dont seem to get the time, I just noodle on it when I get a spare 5 minutes

I might just go home early today and try it against my old 73 P bass

MIGHT? MIGHT! There's no might about it. GET IT DONE!*

*Sorry for shouting. Please report back, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll be interested in the outcome of the head to head.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ezbass said:

MIGHT? MIGHT! There's no might about it. GET IT DONE!*

*Sorry for shouting. Please report back, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll be interested in the outcome of the head to head.

I might make a short video of it compared to my 73. I've done this before with something else comparing it to my 73.

watch this space lol

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ezbass said:

Nice one. What’s your take, now that you’ve plugged it in and gone back to back?

I'll be using the JMJ going forward. Sound wise, yes very similar, as someone else has said, the shorter string length makes it a bit more fundamental. Less harmonic overtones.

I likey a lot

• Like 3