Why become a member? ×

Fender JMJ Mustang. Just pulled the trigger, video now up

police squad

2 minutes ago, danweb22 said:

Bought a black one too last week from guitarguitar, awesome bass! There should be a black pickguard in the gig bag if you fancy changing it 👍🏻

7F945A0F-AD87-4EB1-964E-AA4D5680CD1A.thumb.jpeg.aaddebd1e623321778bffdfe19cc2bb1.jpeg

looks great with the black guard. I didn't know they came with a black one too. How does it sound?

1 minute ago, police squad said:

looks great with the black guard. I didn't know they came with a black one too. How does it sound?

Thick! Like a p bass but with more bottom. I changed the strings to rounds as I didn’t like the fender stock flats (they are too long anyway as they are actually long scale strings) but I also have some La Bellas on order from Bass Direct

• Like 1

2 hours ago, police squad said:

What's not to like

Literally nothing. I’ve grown to love a plain black bass. The blue JMJ look fantastic, but the aged black had an undeniable vibe, especially as pictured above with that pickguard. I really like Fender flats too, that they come with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, police squad said:

Finally back in stock at Andertons. I have just ordered one, interest free credit over 9 months

A black one

What's not to like

I have a gig in september that I can try it on.

Roll on delivery!!

Prepare to become addicted, I know I am.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, danweb22 said:

Thick! Like a p bass but with more bottom. I changed the strings to rounds as I didn’t like the fender stock flats (they are too long anyway as they are actually long scale strings) but I also have some La Bellas on order from Bass Direct

What La Bellas are you going for, 'Deep talking bass'?

20 hours ago, M@23 said:

Literally nothing. I’ve grown to love a plain black bass. 

As a lefty I've always had an aversion to black and sunburst basses and guitars as it's often the only colour option we're given. But I'm gradually turning around, and have actually come to love the classic look of black on black on Fender style instruments. It just looks so classy and understated! That JMJ looks lovely with the black guard on :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, police squad said:

What La Bellas are you going for, 'Deep talking bass'?

Yep, they make a set specifically for the string through mustang bass (more flexible ball end to stop the strings from breaking because of the angle over the saddles)

The 760F-MUS are the ones 

ABA79B2A-0366-4AE0-8109-42FBFBAD231D.thumb.jpeg.a666af41feb2650a2f2761750e36007a.jpeg

• Like 1

DHL

don't have the resources to deliver today (really? I mean REALLY?)

it's in an overflow site, not the depot, no one is answering the phone so I can't even go and collect it

It's scheduled for a Monday delivery now. The phone operator was helpful though, says they're going to keep trying and let me know

We'll see

• Sad 3

DHL

it's in an overflow site, not the depot, no one is answering the phone so I can't even go and collect it

It's scheduled for a Monday delivery now. The phone operator was helpful though, says they're going to keep trying and let me know

We'll see

🤬

• Like 1

DHL

We'll see

NOOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 1

On 24/06/2021 at 14:33, danweb22 said:

Bought a black one too last week from guitarguitar, awesome bass! There should be a black pickguard in the gig bag if you fancy changing it 👍🏻

7F945A0F-AD87-4EB1-964E-AA4D5680CD1A.thumb.jpeg.aaddebd1e623321778bffdfe19cc2bb1.jpeg

I already have the blue one and a red Vintera, but I want this one now too 😂😂😪 they're such fantastic basses. I put labellas on mine an some foam under the bridge... tone for days!

• Like 1

The JMJ is a wonderful bass. The neck feels great as in chunky p bass but with reduced dimensions- super comfy. The tone is basically like a p bass and I too quickly became a fan of the stock flats. I do love my TI jazz flats but the Fender’s  work really well. I’m interested to try the Mustang ones by LaBella but honestly the Fenders do a great job. Stick some round wounds on for a more gnarly tone.
There’s something about the JMJ and the black model is just as vibey as the Daphne blue. Would have looked great on his NIN’s gigs!

• Like 1

I had issues with the delivery of mine by DHL. However, I think this was more down to the retailer cocking up the address and claiming next day delivery when it was clearly not possible. Subsequent deliveries by DHL have been fine.

• Like 1