Why become a member? ×

Hello from South Wales

Kyndainverse

I've recently started playing Bass again after about 20 years of only occasional strumming, I was pretty active, if not very talented, for a few years in my late teens and early twenties. 

My new enthusiasm comes from joining some fellow parents in a rehearsal studio to make a bit of noise. So far we seem to be veering towards something vaguely post punk dubby/funky ramblings.

I have been lurking for a few weeks after discovering the Basschat marketplace, where I picked up a Bass Center Bruce Thomas Profile PB, which I and extremely happy with. I've now followed this up by purchasing a couple of pedals.

I am finding the conversations here hugely helpful, so thought I would stick my head up and say high before I start asking newbie questions :)

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Kyndainverse said:

South Wales

vaguely post punk dubby/funky ramblings.

Bruce Thomas Profile

couple of pedals.

I am finding the conversations here hugely helpful, so thought I would stick my head up and say high before I start asking newbie questions :)

Welcome! 🙂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kyndainverse said:

I've recently started playing Bass again after about 20 years of only occasional strumming, I was pretty active, if not very talented, for a few years in my late teens and early twenties. 

My new enthusiasm comes from joining some fellow parents in a rehearsal studio to make a bit of noise. So far we seem to be veering towards something vaguely post punk dubby/funky ramblings.

Nice to meet you Kyndainverse.  My talent has never matched my enthusiasm or the lovely basslines that run through my head almost every day.  I started in the mid-80s and have recently treated myself to an Ibanez Mikro 4-string which is encouraging me to go for lines that I never attempted on my old Aria RSB Deluxe.  The Zoom B1on pedal I bought when I got the Mikro has transformed my practice sessions.

Covid restrictions permitting, I'm about a month from starting rehearsals with some guys at work.  It seems like we could be attempting anything from Linkin Park to Jaco Pastorius with some Herbie Hancock in between.  I'm out of my depth but that will give me the kick up the @rse I seem to need.

Good luck with your PPDF ramblings.

• Like 1

:crigon_04: New member signs up, lurks a little, goes to the market place, buys a bass and then visits the introductions thread. Always good to see someone with their priorities in the correct order, you’ll fit right in.

• Like 2