Why become a member? ×

DOUBLE BASS/ELECTRIC BASS needed by CHICAGO BLUES BAND

BloozeBoy

Our band is to be a pro-standard unit producing an authentic 1950's/1960's amplified CHICAGO BLUES sound.

We urgently need an accomplished upright (double) bass player, who also plays electric bass. Pro-standard/ex-touring musicians occupy the other roles.

Repertoire majors on exciting material from the songbooks of artists such as Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson II, Howlin' Wolf, Junior Wells/Buddy Guy etc. etc.

Would you get a real kick out of playing in a tight outfit dishing up real Chicago Blues, rather than the done-to-death, heavy (Moore/Gallagher/Bonamassa) 'rock' stuff?

Commitment to initially rehearse with us weekly (Friday evening or weekend daytime) in CHELMSFORD - to pull sets together - and then gig as soon as is possible. Plenty of work opportunities likely, so availability and flexibility is also essential.

Please call or text me on 07885 858158 for more info

Cheers, Junior

willie-dixon.jpg

Edited by BloozeBoy

Hiya,

This is very interesting for me, but I play only double bass!

I'm hugely schooled in R&B, Boogie woogie, Rock n Roll, Blues, Rockabilly, Country, Swing/JIve, Jump Jive, etc.

I've played in bands up to 8 piece, played with horns, harmonica, etc.

I've also done some dep Jump Blues gigs over the years & really love & appreciate the music!

Are you on F/B, happy to send you some samples of my playing...Regards, Markus