Why become a member? ×

DV247 More Problems??

Phil Starr

1 minute ago, jezzaboy said:

I`m beginning to think that it`s me that UPS don`t like....

It’s just one of those things isn’t it? Ten people will use a particular shop or courier and not have a problem, then another person’s experience will be a nightmare.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Seems to be totally pot luck with shipped items..

If you can go to a bricks and mortar shop tho, it's straightforward, try it, buy it, walk away with it. 

…then sell it on here within a week as ‘the best ive owned, but i just don’t have a use for it…..’

😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hurrah, it all arrived this morning, UPS delivered it all bang on time. I haven't had time to try the mixer but the led lights all work and they are nicely made and do what it says on the tin. Their own brand and really good value.

So what have I learned. Brexit is causing problems with imports without a doubt and somebody messed up, possibly the first courier, possibly DV247 probably the paperwork. 

If you order from DV247 you are ordering from Germany and that is less straightforward than before. Lot's of people are having similar experiences and others find it problem free.

If you want something quickly and reliably then order from the UK or if you have the option direct from a local shop.

It's going to be a while before Brexit induced import problems are sorted (and I do have sympathy for all the co's UK and German who had no time to deal with this and didn't ask for it, less for Weatherspoons who did). I struck lucky when my second call was picked up by Jo (female) who was smart and effective (thanks Jo if anyone from DV247 sees this) DV247 need to sort their communication out both human and on-line even their own UK staff find it all confusing though they were always pleasant and tried to be helpful.

I'm going to order two more lights, they are excellent, I want matching ones and nobody else does them at anything close to the price so I'm not traumatised by the process but I'll chase more quickly if things go astray and accept that the delivery time is likely to be weeks not days. Most of our gigs are open air so I'm not expecting to use them in anger for a while.

I’ve just been in DV247 in Romford to try a steinberger but they didn’t have any in stock, but what I did see was this really cool mini bass, if anyone is looking for one, they look great, I was tempted myself 😁

3CDE4A52-FAD7-44E9-AB4E-8D00D41BAD4F.jpeg

2F7B66F1-B0F5-42A0-85B1-C10A05B10DA7.jpeg

Edited by Reggaebass

• 2 weeks later...

The Saga continues, the lighting bars that they eventually delivered were excellent and I'd only ordered one of each in case I had to return anything. The stuff had arrived in the end, the staff in Romford helpful so I ordered two more.....

I waited several days and no confirmation email, then one saying the stuff had been dispatched and was due to arrive that day. Nothing arrived and the next day an email acknowledging my order but indicating the stuff had not been dispatched but was in stock. Then a couple of days later an email from the German courier (in German) saying they had been told of the delivery but no goods had arrived from DV247.

I gave it 3 days then rung today, Romford helpful as usual and said they would chase and email me when they had news. 

It seems as if their internal communications have just not been fully integrated. I'm getting different communications from different parts of DV247 which just contradict each other. I want the lights to integrate with each other and I'm not in a hurry so i'll see this through but i just wouldn't order anything i wanted in a hurry. The lights are £25 a light cheaper than anywhere else  so I'm saving £100 and that's worth a bit of chasing but wtf?  

Sometimes you are just unlucky but this is twice now, and I wonder if the orders would arrive at all without some chasing and the UK base to help. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is following this sorry tale this is the ending.

I don't know if the call to Romford resulted in any action as predictably there was no follow up email and no action at all with the delivery. I then had a week of trying to ring Romford including 5 requests for a call back a couple of emails and a lot of posts on their social media. I made over 20 calls of varying length none of which were answered at all this time. At one point after telling me how important my call was and that they would get to my call they hung up. I wonder what you do when a business won't respond to any attempt to communicate. I also emailed the German store and after a week.... no reply.

I finally resorted to ringing back each time I was cut off. After slightly more than 10 attempts someone picked up. It sounded like a very weary teenager but he was polite and so was I. It turns out according to him that all the calls are answered in the shop by whoever isn't serving. That would explain no calls back and no answering. I guess they serve people in the shop first so only answer when they are absolutely empty. Anyway in the 20 mins or so i'd spent on the phone there had been movement DV247 Music Store had actually given the courier my order. Unfortunately the courier is based in the middle of the floods in Germany, can't blame them for that and at least I then knew my order hadn't been lost. It took another few days to reach customs where my previous delivery had stumbled but this time they had the paperwork right.

Three days to reach Exeter who delivered a clearly opened, and very battered parcel the next afternoon. That morning I got a generic but apologetic email from Germany, so they did reply in the end.

Everything inside was fine however, the two lights work perfectly and the new ABS bass hardcase is great, for £55 it's pretty fabulous. I like a happy ending :)

So would I do it again? Well first of all I don't think they are dishonest as some are saying on the internet, just completely disorganised and beyond that the Romford store is just not set up to deal with online trading. I think the first parcel wouldn't have arrived without chasing but the second one would have. For me the average time to arrive was 4 weeks and I spent probably the best part of a day chasing. Their own brand stuff is genuinely good value and i did probably save £100 in the end. If anything breaks I know I'm in for a world of trouble. Warranties mean nothing if people won't communicate. I wish I'd paid the extra  to be honest. I'd warn people to be extremely cautious about ordering anything from DV247 for the foreseeable future as you will be buying with no acceptable after sales backup and potential long delays. Be aware that you aren't ordering from a UK company and they are probably further from sorting UK exports than their other German rivals.

Good to hear the end of the story, and good to bring this to people's attention.

I feel I certainly dodged a bullet, as I was ( a short while before this thread began )  very likely going to get a bass from this bunch, in order to save 25 or 30 quid basically. Very glad I didn't, cheers Phil.. 👍

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
26 minutes ago, 41Hz said:

Have DV247 sorted their act out, or is it still best to avoid? Tempted to treat myself to a new bass and it is a bit cheaper and in stock with them. 

Just found it even cheaper on BAX, with delivery by Thursday instead of 4-6 days quoted by dv247 so have pulled the trigger, hopefully no issues with BAX 😬

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

Waking up a zombie thread... is DV247 safe to use? I've ordered a bass amp and immediately gotten email from a German company in Köln with the sig in German, have asked for confirmation that there's no import duty, no response so far. Does DV247 actually exist in the UK any more? Has anyone in the UK bought from them recently?

1 hour ago, hill76 said:

Waking up a zombie thread... is DV247 safe to use? I've ordered a bass amp and immediately gotten email from a German company in Köln with the sig in German, have asked for confirmation that there's no import duty, no response so far. Does DV247 actually exist in the UK any more? Has anyone in the UK bought from them recently?

They have a UK base as well. I recently ordered some software from the website. I got confirmation etc from them but needed to cancel. I didnt really get anywhere with replying to them in Germany (this was over a. 24 hour period) but contacted them in the UK and they sorted it out instantly.