Why become a member? ×

DV247 More Problems??

Phil Starr

DV247 are having problems, steer clear of them until they are sorted

I ordered an RCF mixer and a couple of LED bars from them at the beginning of the month. None of the UK suppliers had the mixer in stock and we had a gig coming up and I thought it a chance to try it out in anger. The site says DV247 UK and they have the Romford branch plus I've dealt with them before, pre-Brexit.

You know where this is going, the goods didn't arrive. I got the usual email with a tracking no. telling me the goods were on their way.  Saw they were being dispatched from Germany, not the UK which made me slightly concerned and saw that there was a note saying there might be a short delay. Our gig passed and I was in no rush so I waited. Then I got an email from the delivery co. that the goods were returned, no reason given. On Sat I rang DV247 on their UK no and was promised "no problem, the goods would be sent out first thing this week, upgraded to 24hr delivery as they had let me down". Then no contact and no dispatch note so I've chased again. Again very pleasant but no record of Saturdays conversation. "I'll look into it and ring you back". No call so far so I go online and it seems everyone is having problems. Germany not contacting Romford. People not being reimbursed for non-delivered orders. staff fobbing people off with clear untruths and broken promises. 

The most worrying thing is reports of people struggling to get their money back. There was a thread on this back in Feb and I assumed then it was just Brexit teething problems. It's possible my order was returned through some minor irregularity with the paper work but with my experience and the reviews online I'd have to recommend you don't order through DV247.  I'll let you all know if it gets sorted

Is anyone else having problems? Has anyone successfully placed an order in the last month or two?

This happened to me a few months ago. I ordered an amp that ended up coming from Germany, despite no indication being given when I placed the order. Big delays in getting it sent out and not much help from main office when I called them.

Filling out the customs document to return it wasn't much fun.

Amazingly I didn't get stung with extra charges either way.

Well at my end it is just getting weirder. I've just had an email telling me about an automatic refund referring to a form I didn't fill in because it was with the package I didn't receive which was returned for reasons unknown to me. 

Meanwhile I spoke to a very nice lady in romford who told me she would check my goods were dispatched immediately which she had re-ordered and get back to me, which she hasn't.

I'm checking my account to see if the money has gone back in.

22 minutes ago, Phil Starr said:

Well at my end it is just getting weirder. I've just had an email telling me about an automatic refund referring to a form I didn't fill in because it was with the package I didn't receive which was returned for reasons unknown to me. 

Meanwhile I spoke to a very nice lady in romford who told me she would check my goods were dispatched immediately which she had re-ordered and get back to me, which she hasn't.

I'm checking my account to see if the money has gone back in.

At least you got through to Romford!

48 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

At least you got through to Romford!

yes, though last night was interesting, Messages that they are there from 10.00 to 18.00 Mon-Fri I got through at 17.00 and opted for ring back. It hadn't happened by 5.30 so I rang back myself and was then cut off every time at the end of the 10.00-18.00 message, presumably they'd gone home.

Yep it's just getting odder. The money not has been credited to my account and I've had a subsequent message that the goods are on the way. This time via UPS. UPS say they have picked up the parcel which is a good sign.

I'm hoping the new German displays of inefficiency spread to their football team :) 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Phil Starr said:

Yep it's just getting odder. The money not has been credited to my account and I've had a subsequent message that the goods are on the way. This time via UPS. UPS say they have picked up the parcel which is a good sign.

I'm hoping the new German displays of inefficiency spread to their football team :) 

A bit harsh to blame the Germans given we've 'got back control of our borders... and caused the f8ck-up'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

A bit harsh to blame the Germans given we've 'got back control of our borders... and caused the f8ck-up'.

I might be wrong, but I think a big part of the problem with DV247 is that, certainly when I had the two issues I referred to above, the website gives you the impression you are dealing with a UK busIness holding stock in the UK. 

• Like 2

Ordered a b-stock bass from their eBay account on a Saturday, received it Monday - can't really ask for more there. Some stick is definitely in the UK, if in doubt - just call them.

Edited by Machines

11 minutes ago, Machines said:

Ordered a b-stock bass from their eBay account on a Saturday, received it Monday - can't really ask for more there. Some stick is definitely in the UK, if in doubt - just call them.

Good advice, but not 100% safe. This was what I found frustrating (from email between me and DV247 last year). Despite having paid for an in-stock item in the UK, it couldn't be sent to me because it was out of stock in Germany? I think their systems are the problem, might be very efficient for the business, but not for the customer. Might be different now, but might not, might simply be a lottery?

image.thumb.png.8b9eb1c8740dd72f7622b7a893f170e6.png

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 1

I simply wouldn't want to chance it, especially with the euro nonsense in the background.. There's lots of other places to order from, ok the DV type operators lure you with a few quid off but not worth the grief really.

That said I had a problem with GAK recently resulting in a "just give me a chuffin' refund".. outcome.    This as I understand it was a prob with  DHL ( who've been utter rubbish in the past too) rather than GAK themselves to be fair.

I ordered an amp from DV247 website a couple of months ago with it looking like it would come from the Romford store, their website is misleading - it ended up coming from Germany but was all good - no delay, no added costs etc. Not sure what would have happened if I needed to return it though.

17 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I ordered an amp from DV247 website a couple of months ago with it looking like it would come from the Romford store, their website is misleading - it ended up coming from Germany but was all good - no delay, no added costs etc. Not sure what would have happened if I needed to return it though.

Who knows. All I would say is that I’ve ordered quite a bit from them in the past and know that their stock is spread all over the place. For this reason, when enquiring about a bass I wanted, I rang them and asked them it’s physical location before ordering as I wanted to see it before shelling out over £2k unseen. They told me it was in Germany. They offered to transfer it to Romford, which they did. I went and had a look at it when it arrived and bought it after trying it. I have no reason to believe it can’t work the other way around if there is an issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Who knows. All I would say is that I’ve ordered quite a bit from them in the past and know that their stock is spread all over the place. For this reason, when enquiring about a bass I wanted, I rang them and asked them it’s physical location before ordering as I wanted to see it before shelling out over £2k unseen. They told me it was in Germany. They offered to transfer it to Romford, which they did. I went and had a look at it when it arrived and bought it after trying it. I have no reason to believe it can’t work the other way around if there is an issue.

Yeah, I guess they've got something going on where the customer isn't actually the one responsible for importing from Germany - it's just the shop moving their stock around and the customer doesn't really need to know where it was originally sent from, the shop has already factored in the import things in the prices/returns policy etc. 

57 minutes ago, SumOne said:

That happened to me - I had to return an amp to Germany. I rang the shop and asked if I could return it to Romford but they said no.

I had to fill in a considerable customs document that made absolutely no sense to someone that has never had any dealings with such things, but to DV247's credit they provided an 'idiot's guide' and I managed to return it without further problems, or,  amazingly,  extra charges.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Phil Starr said:

I wouldn`t get too excited about them using UPS. Ordered a pedal from Thomann on Sunday, got a shipping conformation on Monday saying UPS were collecting. Since then I have had 2 updates that say 

"Your parcel was cleared after the scheduled transport departure. We will reschedule for the next available departure. Frankfurt, Germany"

This happened on the 23 rd and again today. If I could have bought the pedal here I would have. Thomann used to be so good you could set your watch by them but not now. 

On 24/06/2021 at 19:27, jezzaboy said:

I wouldn`t get too excited about them using UPS. Ordered a pedal from Thomann on Sunday, got a shipping conformation on Monday saying UPS were collecting. Since then I have had 2 updates that say 

"Your parcel was cleared after the scheduled transport departure. We will reschedule for the next available departure. Frankfurt, Germany"

This happened on the 23 rd and again today. If I could have bought the pedal here I would have. Thomann used to be so good you could set your watch by them but not now. 

I ordered a set of double bass strings from Thomman - £60 cheaper than anywhere in the UK - they were shipped with UPS and arrived in three days. 

On 24/06/2021 at 09:27, Beedster said:

I might be wrong, but I think a big part of the problem with DV247 is that, certainly when I had the two issues I referred to above, the website gives you the impression you are dealing with a UK busIness holding stock in the UK. 

They used to be called Digital Village, and tried to compete with the likes of Thomann in a price cutting war but they had the additional overheads of a chain of shops. They got into financial bother, so the owners then did a "flat pack administration" where they basically took all the stock into a new business and let the old one go bankrupt. Lots of annoyed suppliers and angry articles in the trade press at the time. The stock disappeared to a warehouse in Germany and only the Romford shop remained as their UK presence. I suspect that their main market is still the UK, so post Brexit the move to Germany may have been unwise.

Edited by chriswareham
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ambient said:

I ordered a set of double bass strings from Thomman - £60 cheaper than anywhere in the UK - they were shipped with UPS and arrived in three days. 

I`m beginning to think that it`s me that UPS don`t like....

I’ve been to the Romford shop many times, they used to have a tech in there setting up basses and guitars, they seem more geared up for keyboards and mixing now, but they do have quite a few basses in there,  very helpful staff