TC Electronic Blacksmith Bass Amp Reduced £675 inc as new ABS case
£750
Blyth - Northumberland

I think I've gigged this twice since getting it, so it is in immaculate condition.  

1600w (can operate down to 2 ohms), 3 presets, built in tuner, 4 band parametric EQ, Tubetone emulation, multiband Spectracomp compression.

Preamp in/out, digital recording out - Balanced XLR, AES/EBU, (24 Bit), 

Dimensions - 483 x 412 x 178 mm / 19" x 16.2" x 7".  12kg / 26.5lb

Presently pictured out of its rack case as I was going to use that with another amp but can include it for a further £25 FREE (case is top quality, light and also 'as new').  I'm happy for a prospective buyer to come and try it out.  I even have x3 8 ohm cabs if you really want to see its potential... but it is equally stupid loud at 4/8ohms. 

Anyone concerned that 1600w will destroy their cab, fear not, this amp has a killer feature... a MASTER control.  You only need to turn it up enough to blow the bloody doors off; no more, no less.  Seriously though, you can run this into any cab, you just turn it down and it can NOT blow your driver up.  

Why am I selling it?  Since lockdown kicked in I bought one of those fancy new technology Handbox WB100 (120w) amps and I already own a Tech Soundsystems Blackcat and a TC Staccato 51 as back up amps, so something needs to go.

I'm also about to advertise a pair of TC RS210 cabs (400w each @ 8 ohms), which I would discount the amp £50 if you bought those with it.

Trades - I'd never say never but PLEASE do not message me with bits of kit that I can clearly find on BC / eBay / FB for £200 and tell me it is worth £500, I'm not daft and I know how to search for relative values.  Likewise '1 off' custom orders that you may well have paid £3000 for but sadly the average bassist values at £500.  Sorry it is better if I'm just up front about it.

Vintage Warwick basses will always float my boat, likewise unusual esoteric brands.  I'm partial to a light weight bass so anything that you 'estimate' to be over 9lb (and will likely be 10lb+) isn't of interest.  Be sure to message me with offers and not directly on this thread.  I would be prepared to add money to a deal if it was something I wanted... an 88 Streamer Stage I would be nice.  

IMG_20210507_095941887.jpg

IMG_20210507_095950364.jpg

IMG_20210507_100002224.jpg

IMG_20210507_100020130.jpg

IMG_20210507_100028224_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20210507_100034132.jpg

IMG_20210507_095521541.jpg

Edited by warwickhunt
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Trades - I'd never say never but PLEASE do not message me with bits of kit that I can clearly find on BC / eBay / FB for £200 and tell me it is worth £500, I'm not daft and I know how to search for relative values.  Likewise '1 off' custom orders that you may well have paid £3000 for but sadly the average bassist values at £500.  Sorry it is better if I'm just up front about it.

Lovely amp, but if you'll forgive the derail, that really made me smile and should be a sticky for trade offers. The statement "...which I value at...." is followed in my head by use of the formula

PV/~2 = LV

:) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beedster said:

Lovely amp, but if you'll forgive the derail, that really made me smile and should be a sticky for trade offers. The statement "...which I value at...." is followed in my head by use of the formula

PV/~2 = LV

:) 

Pleased it resonated with someone.  :)  I'm not being too prattish about that am i?

I just think that folk need to be honest with themselves, everyone wants a bargain when trading but you can't go saying something that cost £500 (new) off the shelf is worth £500 against something that itself cost £1500 when new... well some folk can I suppose.  :/  Obviously some bits of kit hold their value great and others, less so but your equation looks about right.  ;)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

Pleased it resonated with someone.  :)  I'm not being too prattish about that am i?  

No mate, spot on. Makes me laugh when I sell something and people make me a trade offer at a significantly higher perceived value for their item - often several hundred pounds higher - than the price they're currently asking for the same item in the FS Forums 🤔 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beedster said:

No mate, spot on. Makes me laugh when I sell something and people make me a trade offer at a significantly higher perceived value for their item - often several hundred pounds higher - than the price they're currently asking for the same item in the FS Forums 🤔 

You must get a lot of laughs! :) 

• Haha 1

I have a RH750... Eq etc best I've ever had.. same as this amp... louder than whatever... can anyone please explain why i therefore keep coming back to this ad?  Is it 'CAUSE IT'S SIMPLY MORE!!! Am I that shallow.. YES I AM!! Always wanted one of these even  before I owned any RH... now... arrgghhh

All the best with the sale man. Covet quotient very high...

• 2 weeks later...
  • warwickhunt changed the title to TC Electronic Blacksmith Bass Amp Reduced £675 inc as new ABS case
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm baffled by the low price & the fact it has not sold!  These amps are Awesome - I bought one just at the start of the pandemic thing.  I also have a TH700.  I wanted to choose the Aguilar - I picked the Blacksmith.  The Aguilar had a slight edge on one particular tone, but everywhere else the Blacksmith wiped the floor with it.  Don't get me wrong, the Aguilar is a great amp...but the fans kick in pretty quick, and they are not quiet!  The Blacksmith? - have only heard the fan once on a v. hot day - whisper quiet.  Despite the lack of gigs this past year or so, I am having loads of entertainment from the sheer versatility of this amp.  GLWTS.

• Like 2