Why become a member? ×

Bruce Thomas Bass SOLD - bye lovely bass
£350
Clitheroe

Duroc17

Well didn't think i'd be selling this but just fell in love with a CIJ P Bass and it's one in one out with me. I may regret it.

This as others here will attest, a lovely bass based on the famous 64 Bruce Thomas was famous for, there has obviously been a lot of love and care gone into crafting this bass.

One of the nicest necks i've played, custom designed to Bruce Thomas' high standards, it's a 40mm nut width and as it has a satin finish, it is a joy to play with rolled edges so no fret sprout.

The orange body (salmon pink officially but looks orange to me) looks amazing and looks different in different lights but always wow. The pups are very hot, custom wound for Bruce and the response from hi to low is great. 

Has old school roller bridge saddles for custom string spacing, which is about 19mm on this bass. Freshly strung with brand new light gauge EB roundwounds for super ZING! No dead spots and intonation good - i've added the ashtray cover can remove if you prefer

No dings or scratches that i know of, never gigged but seeing as bought last summer that's no surprise. Also comes with brand new Fender gig bag. If this had a Fender logo on it it would be over 1k easy

Can post for £20 to UK only im afraid as Brexit has messed up buying/selling abroad big time (took 45 days to return an amp to Germany this year) but if the bass doesn’t sell - I’ll take that as a sign that I need 2 p basses 

Plus a signed copy of BT’s Rough Notes book - a must read for bassists 

IMG_2430.jpeg

IMG_2431.jpeg

IMG_2432.jpeg

IMG_2433.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_2436.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

IMG_2438.jpeg

IMG_2439.jpeg

Edited by Duroc17
info update
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Stop it @stewblack

To quote a line from an episode of The Young Ones many moons ago..

'My barely adequate psychic defences are already crumbling' 

😁

I paid this for mine on this forum. I nearly offered him more. 

I feel guilty about it still. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

I paid this for mine on this forum. I nearly offered him more. 

I feel guilty about it still. 

I got mine from BC. As couldn’t wait to see one here and 3 weeks after I bought it was one on here 🤩

38 minutes ago, Steve1967 said:

I've just withdrawn mine for sale as I've decided I would miss it too much, these sound epic. GLWTS

i've woke up with second thoughts too - will sleep on it till weekend then might keep

• Like 1

Bass sounded awesome in rehearsal last night - it's typical isnt it - just when you buy another bass - your old bass sounds killer then you think - i need 2 P basses - one with flats and one with rounds! Think this is due to Markbass amp finally breaking in - was just a joy to be groovin

• Like 3

Strawberry and cream!

NBD: 99 CIJ PB62 - neck on Bruce Thomas is better, just nicer and faster and the pups are hotter - 62 in dire need of a set up - also flats - but once set up it’s got mojo! 

F9851FB0-B36F-4A3E-A72B-9BC929453D9D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 01/07/2021 at 08:12, Bass Stack said:

Morning!

Happy July!!

well I think I’d be up for buying your bass. Can you possibly show me that case you mentioned too? 

Enjoy NBD and welcome to the community 👌

Edited by Duroc17
Spelling
  • Like 1