Why become a member? ×

Songs that are bangers... that aren't sung in English

EBS_freak

On 22/06/2021 at 14:27, Sarah5string said:

Apparently not in english OR any other actual language, just jibberish with suspected links to satanism

The full translation available in wall art form from a friendly Etsy vendor of your choice…tempted 

282-A75-EC-FE2-E-4-EB9-9-C79-F8-B89674-E

• Haha 1

On 21/06/2021 at 20:47, Hellzero said:

I prefer this one from Falco. Took me a while to understand what he was really singing in Austrian German.

This has sent me down a Falco YouTube wormhole. Love everything about this. I work for a Swiss company and every day talk with Germans and Swiss Germans and will be ending every conversation, meeting and training session with "Alles Klar, Herr Kommissar?" 

I sent this to a mate who moved to Vienna a year or so back with his German wife. She's lived in Austria for years but she really struggled to understand this! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

These chaps sing in a variety of languages, and everthang is epic... Here's the bass solo and more excitement!

We are so, so close to perfection here. I wonder if anyone has ever even tried to sell Vander 'splash' cymbals..?  xD The tangible pressure emanating from them when seen (felt..?) 'live' is impressive, and exhilarating. Not to be missed if passing your way; there won't be that many more opportunities, now. :(

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

These chaps sing in a variety of languages, and everthang is epic... Here's the bass solo and more excitement!

Indeed @Dad3353. For those who have never seen (heard is better) them live, hurry up. It's immersive, impressive and so powerful.

That said @Leonard Smalls, they sing mostly in Kobaïen, a language developed by Christian Vander, but use sometimes French (translated from Kobaïen) and often Hebrew for the backing vocals.

With King Crimson, certainly my two favourite bands ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/06/2021 at 10:47, Hellzero said:

Hopefully, you don't understand the lyrics... 🤦‍♂️

Yes I do, but like a lot of songs I don't listen to the words unless they mean something to me, there's plenty in English in a similar category. I like the feel of the music.

Edited by Graulges