Why become a member? ×

Songs that are bangers... that aren't sung in English

EBS_freak

Love this version of La Bamba.  Los Lobos are a great band from east LA, and they apparently got a bit fed up of everyone thinking this song defined them. Formed in 1973 and still with the same 4 original members, they've made some great albums in both Spanish and English. I've seen them twice, and they did a great acoustic section of traditional Mexican material ( like La Bamba is of course).

30 minutes ago, casapete said:

Love this version of La Bamba.  Los Lobos are a great band from east LA, and they apparently got a bit fed up of everyone thinking this song defined them. Formed in 1973 and still with the same 4 original members, they've made some great albums in both Spanish and English. I've seen them twice, and they did a great acoustic section of traditional Mexican material ( like La Bamba is of course).

I would add the original pop version by Ritchie Valence. The song is real ear worm and a blast to play and sing. 

12 minutes ago, Cliff Edge said:

I would add the original pop version by Ritchie Valence. The song is real ear worm and a blast to play and sing. 

Agreed -  Los Lobos were featured in the 1987 film 'La Bamba' which was a biopic based on Ritchie Valence.