Why become a member? ×

Embassy

stewblack

1 minute ago, Stub Mandrel said:

OK, thanks. I thought it had a blend. It may be the one thing I change, but we'll see how I get on with it.

It does have a blend. That's why the middle knob hasn't got a V or a T on it. It's centre detented and everything. And on mine, it's permanently turned towards the neck pickup ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Give it a drag round the garden first  for a bit of authentic relic work as well!

I used to relic my Doc Martins back in the grunge days. I hated that shiny new boot look so tied them to the rear bumper of my Mini by their laces and drove round for a bit. Perfect! 

Would this work on an Embassy? 

3 minutes ago, Maude said:

I used to relic my Doc Martins back in the grunge days. I hated that shiny new boot look so tied them to the rear bumper of my Mini by their laces and drove round for a bit. Perfect! 

Would this work on an Embassy? 

I don’t see why not….

• 1 month later...

It's here!

Lighter than I expected. Had to drop the action a bit (the 'specified action' in the manual is a joke!) Needs the nut cutting and slight truss rod tightening but I'll let it settle for a week first. No buzzes and the intonation was set spot on. No scaggy fret ends. Finish is flawless but i will have to take the pots off to remove the last of the sratchplate film - it's caught under the lovely little knob pointers. These are a great detail along with the lovely chunky strap buttons. Body is contoured and very rounded, just like the Coronet. Very bright stainless roundwounds. The blend control works backwards (IMHO). Tone control effective, apparently Epiphone use a custom potentiometer contour.

Ridiculously loud output from the 'probuckers'. Real solid growly tone, just like the Thunderbird with probuckers, which is exactly what I was looking for. Neck is a bit of a baseball bat, again like the Thunderbird, but I like my basses to have different feels, that's how I justify having them all.

Can't wait to add lemon oil and make the frets fall out.

Main reaction - this is very, very different from my Fenders/Squiers.

Embassy.thumb.jpg.8c81bff775c8d6624164b77ebc6f265b.jpg

• Like 14

On 10/01/2022 at 21:13, kodiakblair said:

With no re-stock until start of May , you are not helping matters 😄

Mein gott!

Used it at rehearsal.

Everyone thinks it looks lovely, especially the hardware.

It goes with the drumkit (Pearl, slightly darker metallic green of similar hue).

It sounds huge.

It's majorly louder than my other basses, I have to turn down the gain a lot, or it sounds like death metal.

Absolutely love this bass.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 29/11/2021 at 21:58, Maude said:

🤣😂 I tied my new “biker leather” to the back of a friends motorcycle (I was to young to ride one) 

My mother broke a bean pole over my a$$ for that one even though it was secondhand from the rag market in Birmingham 

4 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Wanderlust Green 👍

Cool! 

I was just looking at @Stub Mandrel's picture of his leaning against the Orange amp above and I wondering if I should have gone for green, they look so good.

I do really like my gold one though.

Oh no, is this the early stages of getting another in green. 🙈

• Haha 1