Why become a member? ×

Metal bass players thread

Iron1

I don't know about the UK, but Kreator used to be huge in the US, in the metal world at least. They were one of my faves in the late 80s/early 90s. Saw them 2 nights in a row with Coroner and wow did they put on a great show! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Iron1 said:

I don't know about the UK, but Kreator used to be huge in the US, in the metal world at least. They were one of my faves in the late 80s/early 90s. Saw them 2 nights in a row with Coroner and wow did they put on a great show! 

Tormentor!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Resurrecting this thread to ask where people go to get their music releases reviewed in the world of metal? Album was released on the 13th August. There are few blogs I'm aware of that have corresponding facebook pages but any suggestions welcome.

• Like 2

Very late to this thread. I am a now retired metal bassist, played in original metal band for 15 years or so, from '88, we were probably in our 'prime' around '92 !!!!😆😆 We were attempting to be Metallica meets Kings X meets Alice in Chains, and thus managed to get nowhere near any of these.

I exclusively used a Washburn MB5 bass into a Hartke 350 watt head into a Peavey 4x10 ( which weighed more than my car), and it was a great sound!!! When we reformed I used a Warwick Corvette, now stupidly sold. Now I spend my days noodling on blues rock originals at home with the guitarist from the aforementioned band, mostly on a recently acquired Ibanez mezzo bass into a Fender rumble 40,  having done my time in a dad rock covers band.....the soul sapping years.....😆😆

Anyway, photos...., the beast..F34EE284-3C26-452E-8AAD-4AFBA7D500EB.thumb.jpeg.c3e504d18a0acc64bbc1718c5489fd4d.jpeg

9F7B5F98-70CF-451D-806F-8B43D6F0AF33.thumb.jpeg.683a3273ededcd096bb431a1dc08cd42.jpeg

and the new guy

74E9F28C-3F3B-422A-8D31-CC43D6C971B2.thumb.png.dee0c052b66d1b648f1b93f0c795c795.png

• Like 3