Why become a member? ×

SOLD - NS Design CR4 Radius fretless 4-string Bass
£1200
Italy

italiancross

PRICE LOWERED TO £ 1000 + shipment

Up for sale my NS Design Cr4 Radius fretless bass.
As many of you may certainly know, NS Design is the last creature born from Ned Steinberger's fertile mind. These instruments show many of the technical innovations that Steinberger introduced in his products since the 80's. Gone are the rectangular shaped plastic made basses of his early years, now all the Steinberger-designed instruments are made of lightweight woods but coupled with headless design, quick mount bridge/tuners, active electronics with EMG and piezo pickups.

This particular model is the top of the range in the Electric Bass production of NS Design, and is built in the Czech Republic (whereas the cheaper WAV models are made in Korea).
It was an early production model, with 2xx serial number, probably made around 2015.

The active circuitry includes two especially designed EMG X pickups and a piezo into the bridge. The controls are Master Volume, EMG/Piezo balance, Treble and Bass EQ, with two 3-position switches for the EMG pickup selector (Neck / Both / Bridge) and the Piezo pickup equalization (Bass boost / Standard / Treble boost). The circuit is supplied by two 9V batteries.
The body has a particular curved shape, which allows a perfect contact to the player's body on the back and an excellent ease of play on the front. It's made of maple with flame top.
The colour is Charcoal Satin, which is a dark grey.
The bolt-on neck is made of maple with carbon fibre core and an ebony fretboard.
The newly designed bridge/tuning assembly allows for a very quick change of the strings. By the way, the bass uses standard (single ball end) strings.

Dimensions (data taken from NS Design site) are: Overall Length 41.5", Body Length 20.8", Neck Scale 34", Neck Radius 15", Bridge Spacing 19mm, Nut Width 1.60", 12th Fret Width 2.19".

The bass has been professionally defretted by the original owner, has a medium low action and is currently strung with roundwound strings (a set of little used flatwounds is supplied) with minimal fretboard wear. The truss rod works perfectly.
The instrument is very light (just 3.6 Kg) and perfectly balanced. It's a pleasure to play, being very compact and well shaped.

The average price of this model is over £2000, I'm selling it at a much lower price due to the fact that it has been defretted (but very easy to restore to the original fretted state if desired).
I'm only selling it because I have far too many instruments and I stopped playing due to the pandemic and don't know if I'll start again.
The instrument was bought from the original owner (I was the second owner) and only has some light marks and dents. The previous owner only used for home recordings, since I bought it it has never left my home, so it has virtually never gigged.
The original gigbag is supplied along with the user's manual and Allen keys.

You can find many videos around showing how these basses play. I'm sorry I can't supply any recordings.

The bass is located in Italy. Shipped with courier to EU destinations, the price is around Eur.50 but ask for confirmation.
I can also ship to UK buyers, but please notice that there will surely be customs charges for you to pay.

GBP 1200 / EUR 1400

GBP 1100 / EUR 1280

LAST PRICE REDUCTION:
GBP 1000 / EUR 1160 + shipment

Payment with Bank transfer only, no Paypal.
No trades, please.

For any other information, please ask.

My Basschat feedback: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/287342-feedback-for-italiancross/

Edited by italiancross
SOLD item
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • italiancross changed the title to SOLD - NS Design CR4 Radius fretless 4-string Bass
  • martthebass locked this topic