Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

Hi all

Just got my pedal and love it  ..... I been asked to do 80/90s  gig in 6 days time needing aha - take on me and True Faith (New Order) patches  ....  i dont think i will have time to create my own without sounding naff ........ any help appreciated

32 minutes ago, MOXYBASS said:

Hi all

Just got my pedal and love it  ..... I been asked to do 80/90s  gig in 6 days time needing aha - take on me and True Faith (New Order) patches  ....  i dont think i will have time to create my own without sounding naff ........ any help appreciated

Install the v3.60 editor, create an account on the database website, browse through the available patches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

done!

On 24/05/2021 at 00:04, Quatschmacher said:

On the FI Facebook group, there’s been some contention that the FI is unable to compete with a keyboard synth such as a Moog. In view of this, here’s a little game you can play. Two clips, one is a Moog Subsequent 37, the other is the FI. Please submit your guess in a comment and give a reason for your answer if you can.

Clip A:sub37 fi comp 1a.mp3

Clip B:sub37 fi comp 1b.mp3

@bassfan Moog enough for you?

• Like 1

On 20/06/2021 at 21:44, MOXYBASS said:

done that and found true faith .... not found anything similar to aha ........ yet - still looking

Might be a bit trickier - pretty sure that line was done on an FM synth, maybe a DX7.

Edited by Quatschmacher

On 22/06/2021 at 23:15, Quatschmacher said:

Might be a bit trickier - pretty sure that line was done on an FM synth, maybe a DX7.

I chicken out and I got keyboard player to do on his Nord haha ....... Apparently it was a DX7. Im still messing around but still not near :(  think i need to lock myself in a room for a few days with the editor. Just need to find something similar as a starting point. 

Loving new manager.

• Like 1

@Quatschmacher - I’ve found my Roland lead!

I know it’s a pain, but could you give me an idiots step by step how to update to the latest version. I seem to remember it’s a slightly different procedure depending on what version you are on? I have performed one update since purchase, so I assume I’m on v2.0, but I really don’t want to f**k this up and that’s highly likely without your help.

2 hours ago, MOXYBASS said:

I chicken out and I got keyboard player to do on his Nord haha ....... Apparently it was a DX7. Im still messing around but still not near :(  think i need to lock myself in a room for a few days with the editor. Just need to find something similar as a starting point. 

Loving new manager.

I’ve found that using the foldover distortion can get somewhere towards those sounds sometimes. I made a Who’s That Girl patch for my friend, @SICbass using that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I know it’s a pain, but could you give me an idiots step by step how to update to the latest version. I seem to remember it’s a slightly different procedure depending on what version you are on? I have performed one update since purchase, so I assume I’m on v2.0, but I really don’t want to f**k this up and that’s highly likely without your help.

If you use the online updater tool, you can’t go far wrong as all instructions are given on each screen. Just remember to plug in the UM-one before you launch the Chrome browser so that it is detected properly. 
https://auraplug.com/panda/fiupdate/start.html

5 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

If you use the online updater tool, you can’t go far wrong as all instructions are given on each screen. Just remember to plug in the UM-one before you launch the Chrome browser so that it is detected properly. 
https://auraplug.com/panda/fiupdate/start.html

Also, see the whole process on video here:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Patch 11 - Tom Sawyer intro sorted 👍

Another of my patches. I haven’t got around to doing a proper Tom Sawyer intro for the FI. It’s tricky as it was done on a polysynth with the voices set to unison. A lot of the character comes from the tuning and filter cutoff variances between those voices. This isn’t really possible on the FI as it goes through a single lowpass filter. (It could maybe be fudged by using the parallel bandpass filter but that would carve out too much bottom end.) I’ve done some really good C4 ones as there are parallel processors in there.

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1