Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

44 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Glad to hear it.

Make sure you have some way of sending CC1 with an expression pedal to get the best out of it. I’d guess your Roland unit should be able to do that  

There’s a non-v3 pack of my sounds too nearer the end of the list. 

How would I hook up an exp pedal then? Again it’s quite possibly covered in the manual!

29 minutes ago, ped said:

How would I hook up an exp pedal then? Again it’s quite possibly covered in the manual!

Does your Roland have an expression input? If so, you can probably output that on its MIDI out into the FI. Or if you’re always going to be using the editor, hook up something via the editor’s “keyboard input device” slot that has a mod wheel/strip and it will play through the editor. 

52 minutes ago, prowla said:

One thing I do find a bit disconcerting is that there isn't an indicator that the app is connected to the FI; you have to do something and see if it works.

That’s what the two horizontal lines are for in the pedal’s display. They indicate a connection.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Does your Roland have an expression input? If so, you can probably output that on its MIDI out into the FI. Or if you’re always going to be using the editor, hook up something via the editor’s “keyboard input device” slot that has a mod wheel/strip and it will play through the editor. 

The VB99 can be used with the FC300 but I don't have one at the moment. It does have MIDI in and out and I'm sure there are way is can get the FI and the VB99 to talk to each other (would be great if it could somehow work like in an effects loop) but I' have to get an expression pedal to use with the FI. Tbh I don't really find myself using them (or floor controllers, which is why I sold my FC300) so I'd possibly try a cheap one. Where does it connect to, though?

27 minutes ago, ped said:

The VB99 can be used with the FC300 but I don't have one at the moment. It does have MIDI in and out and I'm sure there are way is can get the FI and the VB99 to talk to each other (would be great if it could somehow work like in an effects loop) but I' have to get an expression pedal to use with the FI. Tbh I don't really find myself using them (or floor controllers, which is why I sold my FC300) so I'd possibly try a cheap one. Where does it connect to, though?

Needs to connect via the MIDI port so requires something in between. You can even do it with a tablet/smartphone in conjunction with the Roland interface. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Your VBass has an expression input at the back so should be able to send something out to the FI. You might even be able to send CC1 out from your ribbon controller too. 

I must admit I haven’t looked at the MIDI capabilities of the VB99 at all. I kind of assumed it was just for pitch to MIDI conversion. 

When using the FI I obviously use the 1/4” input on the VB99 but ideally I would use the 13 pin input on the VB99 and have the FI working via MIDI or something because I can’t have it between my bass and the VB99 when using the 13 pin cable. 

1 hour ago, ped said:

I must admit I haven’t looked at the MIDI capabilities of the VB99 at all. I kind of assumed it was just for pitch to MIDI conversion. 

When using the FI I obviously use the 1/4” input on the VB99 but ideally I would use the 13 pin input on the VB99 and have the FI working via MIDI or something because I can’t have it between my bass and the VB99 when using the 13 pin cable. 

Check if the VB99 outputs MIDI note data after it performs pitch-to-MIDI conversion; if so, those data could be used to drive the FI too. You’d the. Be able to access portamento which is not available when triggering from a bass. 

6 hours ago, ped said:

Ok thanks I’ll check it out. I put a link to the manual section about MIDI a few posts back because it’s all Dutch to me! Maybe I need to pay you to come up to York and be my MIDI roadie/consultant 

York isn’t far from Sheffield or I’m happy to assist via video chat. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any advice on getting patches the same volume? Constantly having to hook up the pedal to adjust patches volume/EQ because they're not balanced in volume or bass etc

Also the volume control on the pedal is painfully sensitive, and the knobs have almost 0 resistance... You move it 1mm and the volume boost/drop is pretty big... Wish the dials had a bit more resistance like say, the Tone Hammer controls.

Edited by AinsleyWalker

1 hour ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Any advice on getting patches the same volume? Constantly having to hook up the pedal to adjust patches volume/EQ because they're not balanced in volume or bass etc

Also the volume control on the pedal is painfully sensitive, and the knobs have almost 0 resistance... You move it 1mm and the volume boost/drop is pretty big... Wish the dials had a bit more resistance like say, the Tone Hammer controls.

You could hook the pedal up to audacity or any other program with a dB readout, choose a desired dB level and resave patches with the adjusted main volume slider in the editor and rewrite the files to the pedal. 

• Like 1