Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

3 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

If yours is a used one, then the patches may be completely different anyway as they are fully interchangeable. Hooking up to the editor will tell you what's on there.

No, fresh and new out of the box, so should be all in its place from the factory!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Digging a bit deeper into this now and getting a set of usable synth tones set up. Is there a good starting point patch for a Unibass-type setting? More for a faux-rhythm guitar than for organ sounds.

Edited by iamtheelvy

47 minutes ago, iamtheelvy said:

Digging a bit deeper into this now and getting a set of usable synth tones set up. Is there a good starting point patch for a Unibass-type setting? More for a faux-rhythm guitar than for organ sounds.

I’m not familiar with what the unibass does; care to explain?

7 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m not familiar with what the unibass does; care to explain?

At basic level, it was an octave up from the note played, but with the option of an additional 5th up from the octave, essentially forming a power chord an octave above the bass root note, then the ability to add overdrive to the upper chord whilst leaving the bass unaffected.

28 minutes ago, iamtheelvy said:

At basic level, it was an octave up from the note played, but with the option of an additional 5th up from the octave, essentially forming a power chord an octave above the bass root note, then the ability to add overdrive to the upper chord whilst leaving the bass unaffected.

No reason why you shouldn’t be able to do this, though the upper two notes will have to be synth notes as opposed to pitch-shifted copies of the original signal. 

• 1 month later...
On 09/06/2022 at 15:42, Quatschmacher said:

Panda are offering deal for anyone who wants to buy a second FI:

“From now on we decided to give a very reasonable discount for users who already have a Future Impact I. or v3 unit to buy a second one.”

http://pandamidi.com/store/your-second-future-impact

Looks a great deal, would you happen to know where panda are based and where they ship the pedal from? Cheers 

4 hours ago, Brian45 said:

Looks a great deal, would you happen to know where panda are based and where they ship the pedal from? Cheers 

Hungary. They did try to persuade me to be a dedicated UK dealer but I don’t think I could cope with the extra admin. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

Hey! 
I've taken a look through this post and found some answers to my question but they were from a while ago and it's a loong thread so..

Any recommendations for MIDI footswitch controllers to use with the FI? I'm just looking for something to control patch up & down. 
Would something like this do the job?: https://www.disasterareadesigns.com/shop/p/dmc-micro-pro

Thanks!

Edited by AinsleyWalker

20 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Hey! 
I've taken a look through this post and found some answers to my question but they were from a while ago and it's a loong thread so..

Any recommendations for MIDI footswitch controllers to use with the FI? I'm just looking for something to control patch up & down. 
Would something like this do the job?: https://www.disasterareadesigns.com/shop/p/dmc-micro-pro

Thanks!

That would do it and should allow you to take advantage of some of the MIDI functions like freeze and modulation. (I’d still recommend the Morningstar stuff though as it’s more versatile. The MC3 is pretty small.)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

That would do it and should allow you to take advantage of some of the MIDI functions like freeze and modulation. (I’d still recommend the Morningstar stuff though as it’s more versatile. The MC3 is pretty small.)

Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into  the MC3 as well

• 1 month later...

a few questions  re FI

I had a Deep Impact all those years and quite fancied a FI. 

I just missed out on one in the improved case (which I think I'd prefer).

Before putting a wanted ad up can I ask:

Does it come with it's own PSU ?

What's the going rate for a re-cased one v the Original ?

Apart from the software, is there any difference in the cases between v1 to v1.3 ?

57 minutes ago, 2pods said:

a few questions  re FI

I had a Deep Impact all those years and quite fancied a FI. 

I just missed out on one in the improved case (which I think I'd prefer).

Before putting a wanted ad up can I ask:

Does it come with it's own PSU ?

What's the going rate for a re-cased one v the Original ?

Apart from the software, is there any difference in the cases between v1 to v1.3 ?

No supplied PSU. It takes a standard 9V centre negative supply of 100mA.

All FIs are the same internally. Difference between FI I and FI v3 is just a (free) software update and the different decal.

Do a search of the classifieds to see what the last few have sold for. 

• Like 1

• Quatschmacher changed the title to Future Impact v3 and now V4