Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

6 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

How did you get the graphical interface to show when loading presets that had Flexi EQ assignments? I tried and can’t get it to do that (which is good as it’s not supposed to be possible). Could you tell me the steps you did so I can replicate it. 

I would go to the patch before the one with Flexi EQ assignments, open the Graphic view on the Equalizer section, then go back to the patch with the Flexi EQ assignments, open the Equalizer section, and the Graphic view would be visible. If I then went to the Slider view, I could not get back to the Graphic view by clicking, and would have to do the trick over again. 
However it is worth noting that I was using the v3 editor, I only updated to 3.6 during our troubleshooting (skipping any versions between 3 and 3.6), so perhaps this was only possible on v3..?

I have not tried to replicate this in the v3.6 editor yet, but as soon as I get some time I will try it, although it sounds like you already have?

19 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

I would go to the patch before the one with Flexi EQ assignments, open the Graphic view on the Equalizer section, then go back to the patch with the Flexi EQ assignments, open the Equalizer section, and the Graphic view would be visible. If I then went to the Slider view, I could not get back to the Graphic view by clicking, and would have to do the trick over again. 
However it is worth noting that I was using the v3 editor, I only updated to 3.6 during our troubleshooting (skipping any versions between 3 and 3.6), so perhaps this was only possible on v3..?

I have not tried to replicate this in the v3.6 editor yet, but as soon as I get some time I will try it, although it sounds like you already have?

Ah, that could explain the problems you had. You need to use the editor that is designed for the firmware version you’re running. Lots of stuff was added in v3.5 and, more significantly in your case, one of the instrument modes was removed. 

I’ve tried it in v3.60 and it always opens at the slider view if flexis are assigned to the EQ, which is as it should be. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

34 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Depends if they sell enough to be vat registered.

Thats the reason my wife has lost her european market, she isn't big enough to be vat registered, so its no longer viable to sell in europe, but obviously that isn't an issue in the UK.

And as I previously said, the price didn't say that taxes were paid.

I'm guessing she knows she can voluntarily VAT register? You don't have to be above the UK VAT registration limit of £85k to register for VAT. 

28 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Having said that, if the taxes were expected to be paid by the buyer upon delivery, I would’ve though that the FI unit price would have been adjusted down accordingly for UK buyers. Not sure if that happened though.

It certainly wasn’t a great situation for those buying and not expecting to have to pay any more. At least that has been cleared up for any future buyers now. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head here Peter. The decent thing would be for FI to refund the VAT to Woody and other UK buyers, given that their ad was clearly misleading and certainly would not get much sympathy from any Tribunal (not that anyone is going to take it that far).

35 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Ah, that could explain the problems you had. You need to use the editor that is designed for the firmware version you’re running. Lots of stuff was added in v3.5 and, more significantly in your case, one of the instrument modes was removed. 

I’ve tried it in v3.60 and it always opens at the slider view if flexis are assigned to the EQ, which is as it should be. 

I was using the correct editor for the firmware I had, though. I was running v3 editor with v3 firmware, and then updated to v3.6 during our troubleshooting session :)

10 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

I was using the correct editor for the firmware I had, though. I was running v3 editor with v3 firmware, and then updated to v3.6 during our troubleshooting session :)

Fair enough. I can’t remember whether the locking out of the graphical interface was in place before v3 was released or whether it was in a subsequent update; I thought it was in place at release. Hmm, a mystery and that bugs me.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Fair enough. I can’t remember whether the locking out of the graphical interface was in place before v3 was released or whether it was in a subsequent update; I thought it was in place at release. Hmm, a mystery and that bugs me.  

At least it's no longer possible anyway! 

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

I'm guessing she knows she can voluntarily VAT register? You don't have to be above the UK VAT registration limit of £85k to register for VAT. 

Yes, we used to be vat registered, but it wasn't necessary when I no longer shared the company. It isn't worth the effort for her and she would end out considerably out of pocket with it as well as requiring more work in a field she doesnt know (and she already runs her company on her own so she can't cope with additional work). So just take the financial hit of losing all her european customers.

2 hours ago, AinsleyWalker said:

3.6 looks good though. Need to get my head around the Manager now... but it looks like it solves a lot of problems like patch ordering/organisation etc. No more renaming files?!😍

I’d suggest reading the manual!

You can also load files straight from the cloud. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

18 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

I'm getting communication error messages when the manager/editor tries to upload certain patches, specifically certain ones you've created. Any idea why that might be?
So far it's failed when getting to both the 'Chameleon' and 'Ain't Nobody' patches on different occasions.

Check for diacritics and apostrophes in the titles - the FI doesn’t like them. Rename the tile before uploading. If that works, let me know and I’ll have a look through my uploads and rename the offenders. 

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Check for diacritics and apostrophes in the titles - the FI doesn’t like them. Rename the tile before uploading. If that works, let me know and I’ll have a look through my uploads and rename the offenders. 

Ok I'll try that later on, thanks !

ALSO: The glitch I had previously occurred again today, solved again via Reset All. You suggested it could have been a power blip causing a memory corruption, I wonder if this is true. 

Just now, AinsleyWalker said:

Ok I'll try that later on, thanks !

ALSO: The glitch I had previously occurred again today, solved again via Reset All. You suggested it could have been a power blip causing a memory corruption, I wonder if this is true. 

Did it happen after loading a particular patch?

What you’re describing is something I’ve never seen before in this pedal. I just know what happened to my Manta when I accidentally underpowered it - it went nuts and wiped my presets, messed up the LEDs etc. It was fine after a reset but digital pedals do strange things when they don’t get enough juice. 

38 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Did it happen after loading a particular patch?

What you’re describing is something I’ve never seen before in this pedal. I just know what happened to my Manta when I accidentally underpowered it - it went nuts and wiped my presets, messed up the LEDs etc. It was fine after a reset but digital pedals do strange things when they don’t get enough juice. 

No, the glitch (as shown before in my previous photos - glitched text and then no synth audio) happens upon powering up of the pedal. It's only ever happened to me twice. The previous time you helped, and today. I have not changed/added any patches on the pedal since the last time you helped me (it still has the stock 3.6 presets while I build my new 99)
I'm not sure what else could be causing it other than a power issue. Perhaps I'll try to replace this unit, though it wasn't exactly a cheapo power supply and has handy adjustable outputs.

15 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

No, the glitch (as shown before in my previous photos - glitched text and then no synth audio) happens upon powering up of the pedal. It's only ever happened to me twice. The previous time you helped, and today. I have not changed/added any patches on the pedal since the last time you helped me (it still has the stock 3.6 presets while I build my new 99)
I'm not sure what else could be causing it other than a power issue. Perhaps I'll try to replace this unit, though it wasn't exactly a cheapo power supply and has handy adjustable outputs.

I wonder if it does similar stuff to the Strymon and ramps the power, potentially starving certain devices for a short while. Some source audio pedals have problems when powered with the Zuma.

If it is something like that, you can get around it by powering up the power bank first, then connecting to the pedals afterwards. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ped said:

Just trying to update mine to 3.6 but it doesn't show my MIDI in/out in the update menu. They're working fine. Using Roland interface.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 22.22.55.png

Page 35 to this thread I had the same issue and it's seems there are a couple of solutions-perhaps just closing chrome before plugging the FI in. 

• Like 1

Thanks, got it, had to restart the pedal a few times for it to recognise it!

I'm up to dat enow, and using the editor. I'm a little bit confused, when I open the software it seems like I have to load the patches from the FI every time I open it, and sometimes I can't switch patches with the editor view + and - buttons. 

4 hours ago, ped said:

OK so I have to write the patches from the FI to the computer so the editor can work on them there, and I send to the FI if I like 'em... got it, I think.

If you’re trying to simply rearrange ones you already have on the pedal, yes. Otherwise, you assemble your template of 99 patches in the tile window, populating from files on your computer or the cloud and then write that to the pedal. It’s fairly easy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ped said:

Thanks, got it, had to restart the pedal a few times for it to recognise it!

I'm up to dat enow, and using the editor. I'm a little bit confused, when I open the software it seems like I have to load the patches from the FI every time I open it, and sometimes I can't switch patches with the editor view + and - buttons. 

It’s nothing to do with the pedal at all; it’s about making sure the interface is plugged in to the PC before launching Chrome, otherwise Chrome won’t detect it as it only scans the ports at the point of startup, not dynamically. 

• Quatschmacher changed the title to Future Impact v3 and now V4