Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

Just now, AinsleyWalker said:

Yes. The pedal tells me the firmware is now 3.60, and I have extracted the patches from the FI to check that they are the default ones loaded. 

OK. Are you just powering the pedal on its own supply with no other pedals attached to that power source (including while doing the update)? (What are you using to power it?) have you tried using a completely different supply? I’d suggest doing that and doing the update again using a different supply. 

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

OK. Are you just powering the pedal on its own supply with no other pedals attached to that power source (including while doing the update)? (What are you using to power it?) have you tried using a completely different supply? I’d suggest doing that and doing the update again using a different supply. 

No, currently the FI is hooked up to a PWT12 Palmer Power Bar, which is giving 12v to an OC2, 18v to a Cali compact bass, 9v to tuner and 9v to FI. 
Unfortunately this is the only power supply I have available at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

No, currently the FI is hooked up to a PWT12 Palmer Power Bar, which is giving 12v to an OC2, 18v to a Cali compact bass, 9v to tuner and 9v to FI. 
Unfortunately this is the only power supply I have available at the moment. 

Could you hook it up to one of the other 9V, run the update again and see if anything changes. 

3 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Could you hook it up to one of the other 9V, run the update again and see if anything changes. 

Sure, just tried it. Updated and loaded the default patches with nothing else hooked up to power supply and using a different power output, problem still persists :(

Here's what it displays upon power up (in order):
image.thumb.png.c14a08925a9c82b28d2a29d8f71969cc.pngimage.png.72c1c38a7023bd35f6af5b2a62d9dbee.pngimage.png.575b565b36a2c78f52b8549aae84d5e7.png

5 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Sure, just tried it. Updated and loaded the default patches with nothing else hooked up to power supply and using a different power output, problem still persists :(

Here's what it displays upon power up (in order):
image.thumb.png.c14a08925a9c82b28d2a29d8f71969cc.pngimage.png.72c1c38a7023bd35f6af5b2a62d9dbee.pngimage.png.575b565b36a2c78f52b8549aae84d5e7.png

Have you tried doing a “reset all” in the boot menu? Try that and report back

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Have you tried doing a “reset all” in the boot menu? Try that and report back

It's working! I kinda forgot about the Boot Menu if I'm being honest...

Thank you so much for your help as always, hero!!

Worth noting that when I went to the Boot Menu and then went to Instrument Mode, all the options when turning the parameter dial were the glitched display I showed in my last post (all other modes displayed the correct things), so perhaps that was where the issue was?

Edited by AinsleyWalker
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Maybe, either way I won't be exploiting any workarounds with the Graphic/Slider EQ Panel view again, just in case lol!

Actually, I’d be tempted to do it again to see if that is what caused it. If so, it could be documented and fixed. 

My best guess is that if you did manage to force the editor to allow you to edit a patch that had an EQ flexi assignment using the graphical interface, then moving the curve did not result in the usual truncating of the offset in the parameter that occurs when the slider hits the upper or lower end. If so, you may have forced a parameter to be fed a value outside of its defined range, which can cause all sorts of weirdness. If this has indeed happened, then it needs to be made so that the patch is forced to show the slider view in the presence of a flexi assignment to an EQ parameter upon loading.

During testing, I’d managed to lock the device up by accidentally programming outside the range, but never experienced anything like what happened to you. It almost looked like the device had been forced into synth or ewi mode, which would explain why audio wasn’t triggering the synth portion, though exactly how that might have happened is beyond me. 

I’ll take a look tomorrow and see what’s what.

Edited by Quatschmacher

On 19/10/2021 at 20:52, AinsleyWalker said:

Ok sure, I'll try to recreate what I did again tomorrow. Will report back with what happens. 

How did you get the graphical interface to show when loading presets that had Flexi EQ assignments? I tried and can’t get it to do that (which is good as it’s not supposed to be possible). Could you tell me the steps you did so I can replicate it. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

3 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

But if people do decide to get it, remember there is uk VAT to add to that when you get it

And that can be and should be claimed back if it gets charged as all taxes are meant to be included in the sale price, as stated on the Panda site.

If you still haven’t done so, I’d chase up getting your taxes refunded. 

3 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

And that can be and should be claimed back if it gets charged as all taxes are meant to be included in the sale price, as stated on the Panda site.

If you still haven’t done so, I’d chase up getting your taxes refunded. 

It clearly shows on the invoice that no tax is included or paid so I don't think it would be successful.

3 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

It clearly shows on the invoice that no tax is included or paid so I don't think it would be successful.

Then someone has messed up somewhere. Either way, you are owed money. I’ve emailed Andras and Gábor to alert them and to ask what should be done about it. 

• Like 1

@WoodinblackI got a reply from them and it seems the “all taxes included” was a piece of legacy text that they forgot to update after the B word. They’ve removed it now. 

I can only offer my apologies to you and anyone else who got taxed - I was simply quoting what was on their advertising copy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

@WoodinblackI got a reply from them and it seems the “all taxes included” was a piece of legacy text that they forgot to update after the B word. They’ve removed it now. 

I can only offer my apologies to you and anyone else who got taxed - I was simply quoting what was on their advertising copy. 

Genuine and understandable "mistake" on your part, Peter. But actually they're still talking bollox.

The amount of VAT a retailer charges on new goods going from EU-->UK won't really have changed much (maybe a couple of % difference between local and UK rates applicable) post Brexit. 

If the sale price said it was all taxes paid then that's what it should have been. A purchaser in Germany should be paying pretty much the same as we are in the UK in terms of VAT. 

Edited by Al Krow

15 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

The amount of VAT a retailer charges on new goods going from EU-->UK won't really have changed much (maybe a couple of % difference between local and UK rates applicable) post Brexit. 

If the sale price said it was all taxes paid then that's what it should have been. A purchaser in Germany should be paying pretty much the same as we are in the UK in terms of VAT. 

Depends if they sell enough to be vat registered.

Thats the reason my wife has lost her european market, she isn't big enough to be vat registered, so its no longer viable to sell in europe, but obviously that isn't an issue in the UK.

And as I previously said, the price didn't say that taxes were paid.

17 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Genuine and understandable "mistake" on your part, Peter. But actually they're still talking bollox.

They would need to be specifically registered to sell in the UK in order for the taxes to be paid by them as opposed to the buyer. Big companies like Bax and Thomann have done this, but for many smaller companies it hasn’t been worth the effort, as @Woodinblackhas said. (Scarbee had to stop selling to the UK for several months until he got registered here.)

Having said that, if the taxes were expected to be paid by the buyer upon delivery, I would’ve though that the FI unit price would have been adjusted down accordingly for UK buyers. Not sure if that happened though.

It certainly wasn’t a great situation for those buying and not expecting to have to pay any more. At least that has been cleared up for any future buyers now. 

(I could become an official distributor for the UK if I wanted to but I’m not sure I am up to the headache of all the extra paperwork that this would entail.)