Why become a member? ×

Unexpected collaborations

SteveXFR

A few from me:

1. Bill Drummond, Hip Hop, Rap, country music star Tammy Wynette, and an ice cream van.  
The KLF feat. Tammy Wynette - justified and ancient (Stand by the Jams 12'' Mix) [1991] - YouTube

2.  Run DMC and Aerosmith  - Rap and Rock!
RUN DMC - Walk This Way (Official HD Video) ft. Aerosmith - YouTube 

3.  I was surprised to see Chas and Dave on stage with Albert Lee (and Eric Clapton in the audience, who played a few songs later in the set).  However, that was more due to my ignorance of Chas and Dave's musicianship and their wide-ranging influence.
Albert Lee - Country Boy - YouTube  

4. I suppose that, at the time, it would have been a surprise to hear country picker and rock & roller Buddy Holly choosing to work with a string orchestra   
Buddy Holly- True Love Ways ( with 10 second studio intro ) - YouTube

1 hour ago, WAYNESWORLD said:

Hope I’m not tripping here but Lemmy and the Nolan’s rings a bell.

Yes. I think it was called don't do that and was with Lemmys other band Young and Moody.

I don't remember how it sounded but I remember Colleen Nolan claimed in an interview that Lemmy told her she had great tits. Doesn't seem like something Lemmy would say....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

Yes. I think it was called don't do that and was with Lemmys other band Young and Moody.

I don't remember how it sounded but I remember Colleen Nolan claimed in an interview that Lemmy told her she had great tits. Doesn't seem like something Lemmy would say....

I had a real thing for Linda Nolan years ago. Poor girl is fighting cancer yet again. That family doesn’t have much luck at all.

• 1 month later...
On 22/06/2021 at 10:59, bass_dinger said:

3.  I was surprised to see Chas and Dave on stage with Albert Lee (and Eric Clapton in the audience, who played a few songs later in the set).  However, that was more due to my ignorance of Chas and Dave's musicianship and their wide-ranging influence.
Albert Lee - Country Boy - YouTube  

Albert & Chas were actually in Heads, Hands & Feet together. Chas was an absolute MONSTER of a bass player and played on the original version of country boy: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heads_Hands_%26_Feet

Sparks and Franz Ferdinand combined forces a few tears ago. The two bands had a complimentary instrumental line up, so fitted together OK. 

I can't remember what it sounded like though!

They went by the mildly amusing moniker of FFS. I think it was the bass player who came up with it.

• Like 1

On 14/08/2021 at 17:15, Nail Soup said:

Sparks and Franz Ferdinand combined forces a few tears ago. The two bands had a complimentary instrumental line up, so fitted together OK. 

I can't remember what it sounded like though!

They went by the mildly amusing moniker of FFS. I think it was the bass player who came up with it.

FFS were excellent. 

On 19/06/2021 at 20:29, SteveXFR said:

I recently discovered this live collaboration with David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails and holy crap it's good. Two very different artists but their sounds work together so well. Both artists really show their own sound in this 

Anything with NIN in it gets my vote!