Why become a member? ×

NBD Question - Thoughts?

spongebob

Another voice of appreciation for what is natural colouration in the wood. I’ve had PRSs with more prominent discolourations in the top and the ebony ‘board on my Rob Allen has all sorts of changes in hue, they’re all part of being from a natural resource. Embrace the uniqueness.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Time for amp shopping he says……,

Well spoiled for choice methinks, but imo the following all work really well with a Precision:

Fender Rumble, Ampeg, Ashdown, Markbass

All will do a fantastic job, I’d pick Ashdown due to not only being excellent amps, sound great & super reliable, but both being UK based and their customer service being amongst the best around.I'm 

I'm sure I'll he posting in the A&C section soon about this!

It's probably Ashdown I'll be looking at. Appreciate some of it is made outside the UK, but I'd still like to support one of our firms.

.....and I wouldn't like to disagree with the great JJ Burnel, either!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gjones said:

I bought my Fender Precision elite, new, from Guitar Guitar.

The fretboard is ebony (there was a ban on rosewood for a while) and it has swirly pinkish grain through it.

I thought about sending it back, because it bugged me (I expected ebony to be black all the way up the fretboard) but when I took it out to play with my band, people said they liked it.

I suppose it's different strokes for different folks.

Open photo

It’s Tigerstripe ebony. I had two amazing examples on my fretless Warwick basses. It looks great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tom1946 said:

That's a great looking bass Iain,  going shopping for one now, fantastic colour! 

Good call, Tom! It's a colour which looks even better in the flesh....the camera doesn't really do it justice. Nice and ight as well.

Turns out my bass 'retirement' didn't last quite as long as I thought.....!

Hope things are better for you now.