Why become a member? ×

*FURTHER PRICE DROP* CS 2013 Warwick Thumb NT 5 Broad neck for sale £2800 WAS £2500 NOW £2000
£2800
Stowmarket Suffolk

Rtotherosco

T2.jpg.e0d3dae2f680449f0bb1ea3c628a3c0f.jpgT3.jpg.472f20824f4171361681f8430f753ad8.jpgT4.jpg.d82cc35b99a78efd69baeaeec9e11688.jpgT5.jpg.ab330812bd19015bc262ee3e60e1b2eb.jpgT6.jpg.6fd9f86b265c5456060660923d0a78c4.jpgT7.jpg.c31d2102d4be0768d28b932a64772f6b.jpg

Beloved 2013 custom shop Warwick Thumb through-neck 5 string, built for me with the broad neck option and a lovely swirly bubinga pommele body. I'm the original owner, it's never been gigged, never even left my house. No mod's, no marks, regularly waxed, I still have all the tools and certificates and everything works perfectly. I get to play it roughly an hour a week. it's too nice to be an ornament.

On the dodgy bathroom scales, I'm reading high 4's to 5 kilos, not sure if that sounds right, but it's defo on the heavy side and I know people like to know. I'm located in Suffolk and would be happy to travel to meet half way with a serious prospective buyer, or discuss splitting shipping costs etc. Original Warwick hard/flight case is also included  either way  

Thanks

Edited by Rtotherosco
PRICE DROP
  • Like 19

Absolutely stunning Bass. As an owner of two Thumb Basses over the years (a BO 4 String and 5 String Neck Through and I've sold both). A Broad Neck is my grail Bass, but this beauty is just out of my price range. Just wanted to say best of luck with the sale.

Edited by Synovial

On 19/06/2021 at 18:14, Synovial said:

Absolutely stunning Bass. As an owner of two Thumb Basses over the years (a BO 4 String and 5 String Neck Through and I've sold both). A Broad Neck is my grail Bass, but this beauty is just out of my price range. Just wanted to say best of luck with the sale.

Thanks a lot, Synovial

Wow!
This one is just gorgeous!!! Those swirls in the bubinga... ❤️ 
Pity you won't trade for a 1984 Steinberger XL2. Pity you are on the other side of the tax and custom fence.
I once had a beautiful Streamer Stage I broad neck; still miss that one...
Good luck with the sale! 

Stunning, it would look great next to my other Thumb NT5 but not the right time for me to expand the collection. Just curious how do these pick-ups compare to the standard MEC JJ? Is the fretboard Wenge or Ebony?

5 hours ago, bassmayhem said:

Wow!
This one is just gorgeous!!! Those swirls in the bubinga... ❤️ 
Pity you won't trade for a 1984 Steinberger XL2. Pity you are on the other side of the tax and custom fence.
I once had a beautiful Streamer Stage I broad neck; still miss that one...
Good luck with the sale! 

Thanks a lot, bassmayhem. 

Yeah, I love the swirls. The pictures don’t even really capture how beautiful they are, it’s like a hologram after a polish. Beautiful. 

Thanks again 

Rosco

3 hours ago, vincbt said:

Stunning, it would look great next to my other Thumb NT5 but not the right time for me to expand the collection. Just curious how do these pick-ups compare to the standard MEC JJ? Is the fretboard Wenge or Ebony?

Hi vincbt 

Thank you

I don’t really know about the sound comparison tbh. I’ve only ever played a 6 string thumb other than mine, which I think  is basically exactly the same guitar (body/neck/pups) minus the higher string to make the string spacing bigger. They’re splits under the soap-bars covers, so a bit more p than j as I understand it (but probably totally wrong). A bit fuller and richer, but still super clear and punchy due to the pup positions. I haven’t gigged or played it (I’ve been a bedroom only player for about 20 years now) with other musicians, but I think the sound would be pretty big and monstrous if it were let loose.

The fretboard is tiger stripe ebony, which again is beautifully figured, just more subtly. There’s 26 frets on there and you still get crazy piano-like clarity right up to the toppety-top. It’s a beautifully put together instrument. 

Thanks again for your comments and interest 

cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Rtotherosco changed the title to *PRICE DROP* CS 2013 Warwick Thumb NT 5 Broad neck for sale £2800 now £2500
  • 5 weeks later...

Broadneck have a standard 4-string spacing on a 5er. Thanks to the Warwick bridge, spacing is adjustable to your needs, so you can go down to 18mm. I personnaly find it easier to play, going back and forth between 4 and 5ers, as you don't have to adjust to the spacing, you just add a storey to the building 🙂 

The pickups are splitcoils, P-Shaped in a soapbar housing. Clear and full sounding. 

Lovely example of what a thumb should be 🙂 

• Rtotherosco changed the title to *FURTHER PRICE DROP* CS 2013 Warwick Thumb NT 5 Broad neck for sale £2800 WAS £2500 NOW £2000
On 19/09/2021 at 23:36, Kev said:

£2k? Wow, that is a hell of a lot of bass for that money!

2013 was the start of Warwick REALLY upping their game, the instruments built in the last 8 years or so are of phenomenal quality.

Upping their game or rather returning to their form of the late 80s and early 90s. 

Had a 5 string NT thumb before and loved it,even though it was from 2000. Still have my 90s Streamer Stage 1 broadneck and love it. 

A broadneck, NT Thumb, I can only imagine! Though my 40th is coming up so who knows....