Why become a member? ×

A Squier, for £1,800 ????

Pete Wentz laughing all the way to the bank.

I was expecting to see an early Japanese JV, they're getting posted around this price now. An Indonesian Squier though, I was not expecting that at all. The cult of personality sells, that's just how it goes and why so many manufacturers can't seem to pump out enough "signature" models these days.

Chancer, clueless, cynical or all three. It's a basic Indonesian Squier with a couple of dodgy bat stickers & a simplified circuit. As a midrange sig model for a guy out of a band who were moderately successful a decade or so ago, it's wildly improbable that anyone would pay £1800 for one of these, and the fact there's a dozen sold Reverb listings at around £250-£300 would appear to support that hypothesis.

• Like 2

There’s a spate of these instruments which wouldn’t sell 2 years ago at normal prices at mad levels recently…

Squier baritone jazzmasters - advertised at £650-£800

Epiphone Tom Delonge 333 - mad money

Hello Kitty Strats - £600+

Mark Hoppus and Tom Delonge fenders - silly money.

weird times.

Mug punters who imagine that anything "Collectible" is a sure-fire investment, the value is always going to appreciate 🤪🤪😄

Tulip Mania, but it's happening everywhere, mean time really good equipment is being sold off for peanuts.

7 hours ago, Velarian said:

Pete Wentz? Never heard of him! Even after Googling his name I’ve still no idea who he is. How much value can the name add? Not much I suspect. Either that or I’m getting old 😮

To be fair, the description does say "Yes I know it’s a squire it’s the Pete wentz signature collection which is what makes it rare and if you’ve never heard of him then just move on , no need to message me to tell me so. ".

But the dumbass keeps calling it a "squire".

They have got the "Was part of my late fathers collection" heartstring, though.

This did make me chortle, slightly: "Comments from a customer whom bought a fender strat from me recently was wow , what a bass when he saw this , he played it as it was the only bass I had in tune".

Hmmm, they say a "customer"; could they be a biz-nezz? Their sold items list things designated "new".

(They've sold a number of instruments, but can't they tune one?)

All-in-all, there's something whiffy about their ads.

Edited by prowla

On 18/06/2021 at 20:58, prowla said:

It'd be overpriced at £180.

My thought at first was it was just an extra 0 by mistake, he wanted £180.

Then I took a look at the description... Clearly in no rush to sell it. Might be to get a person off their back, put it up for sale for x10 times the cost, either you make bank or get to keep what you like.