Why become a member? ×

Happy Bassist Birthday

stewblack

Phil Lynott. 😊

And Dave Brock, Jamie Cullum, Marcel Dadi, Dimebag Darrell, Fred Durst, Isaac Hayes, John Hiatt, Ralf Hütter, Robert Plant, @Dad3353, ...

Without forgetting Emily Brontë and H.P. Lovecraft, who were not musicians, just in case... 😉

Edited by Hellzero
🤪
  • Thanks 1

Of those still alive:

Alex James - bass

Myles Heskit (Wolfmother) and Jim Brown (UB40) - drumists

Bjork  / Carly Ray Jepsen / Steven Curtis Chapman(no idea who he is) / Lorna Luft - singists

Gary Pihl (Boston / Sammy Hagar band) - guitarist

John "Rabbit" Bundrick (the Who and sessions with others including Eric Burdon, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Roger Waters) - keys.

Looks like I could form a band, although may not get past Alex in the audition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alicia Keys

Antônio Carlos Jobim

Etta James

And Bassist, Calum Thomas Hood (yeah, I've never heard of him either....:D)

Australian singer-songwriter and musician, known for being a member of the Australian pop rock band 5 Seconds of Summer. Since 2014, 5 Seconds of Summer have sold more than 10 million albums, sold over 2 million concert tickets worldwide, and the band's songs streams surpass 7 billion, making them one of the most successful Australian musical exports in history.

• Like 1

Josh Klinghoffer might be the closest to a bassist on my birthday. Well, he’s played bass, not sure if that counts?

Otherwise, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Lindsey Buckingham,  Eddie Cochran, Chubby Checker, Steve Reich and Gwen Stefani.

No bassists but there is/was Sam Cooke, Michael Hutchence, Steve Perry the vocalist with Journey, Todd Rundgren, Steven Adler the original drummer for Guns n' Roses, DJ Jazzy Jeff (as of with Fresh Prince of Bel Air fame) plus non-musos Linda Blair, Lord Byron, John Hurt, Francis Bacon (the philosopher), Walter Raleigh, Bill Bixby, Nigel Benn, Malcolm McLaren, Sergei Eisenstein, Frank Leboeuf, Dixie Dean, Tyrone Power, Sir Alf Ramsey, Mohammed Sissoko, 

And lots of YT, Tik Tok and Instgram 'stars' ! WTF. I don't get it, when has having a social media channel made somebody a 'star'?

Edited by Barking Spiders