Why become a member? ×

The Pino repository

Owen

my hay fever means I haven't slept well lately, last night my 14 week old daughter is full of snot and decided to be spectacularly sick in our bed at 1am. It is very much a big pot of coffee morning.
This music has made me happy though, thanks @owenOwen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owen said:

I miss those days.................

Owen you have been very kind in the past letting me try various bits of your gear, 
you should have said when we were in your neck of the woods - I'm sure I could have lent you the kids to experience those days again! :D 

(Like GAS, the memory is probably better than the reality)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, owen said:

I miss those days.................

Not - one - bit. 😆

My daughter would have been about 1 when I first heard Pino on ‘Hat’.

Edited by ezbass

huge fan of Pino here. some months ago I made this video discussing the line he plays on the second tune of the NPR concert with Blake Mills. the second half of the video is the English version, so you can go there if you don't understand Spanish, maybe you won't understand my English either but I am trying my best.

if you want to download the score for the line and the exercices you can do it here: https://www.albertanguela.com/post/pino-palladino

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

I interviewed Pino about his gear, his new album and everything else, released last Thursday as an episode of my podcast:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/65MAcnzE1Ja59w5DoXweCx?si=TaQ1xT5uR3eL6Uv50RZYGA&dl_branch=1

Ooh, I shall make myself comfy and enjoy this at a suitable time when I won’t be interrupted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owen said:

This is from when he was gigging on the Welsh language scene (amongst many other places). it was realeased in 1981. We already knew he was the bomb. Beautiful groove and beautiful solo.

That wouldn’t be out of place on a Steely Dan album. Like it.

3 minutes ago, knicknack said:

Everything I love about Pino is on show here... 3.55 for those who want to skip to the more Pino-centric stuff!

D channeling James Brown there; very nice. PP on Lakland J type too, rather than the P Bass.