Why become a member? ×

The Beatles 'Get Back' thread

nikon F

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

My missus is not too familiar with the Beatles minutiae, being Italian and raised on opera etc, so we have been watching the Anthology series in preparation for the release of this. I am now ridiculously excited about this being released 🙂

The Anthology is a work of art. It's a crime that it's not on Netflix etc.

• Like 3

• wateroftyne changed the title to The Beatles 'Get Back' thread

Jackson's story is only his interpretation of events, much like Let It Be was in its own day.

Im not knocking it - I'm actually looking forward to watching it - but this is just another outsiders own personal take on events of which only a tiny part were filmed.  Discussions, arguments, moaning, sniping, all happened for years in private and behind closed doors, and all the masses of available film footage only captured a fraction of that.

Im sure it will be interesting and absorbing but I don't buy into the this is how it really happened bullpois.  There are only 4 or possibly 5 people that know for sure how it went down, and 2 of those are beyond telling their tales in this plane of existence.

On 17/11/2021 at 07:08, Bassfinger said:

Jackson's story is only his interpretation of events, much like Let It Be was in its own day.

Im not knocking it - I'm actually looking forward to watching it - but this is just another outsiders own personal take on events of which only a tiny part were filmed.  Discussions, arguments, moaning, sniping, all happened for years in private and behind closed doors, and all the masses of available film footage only captured a fraction of that.

Im sure it will be interesting and absorbing but I don't buy into the this is how it really happened bullpois.  There are only 4 or possibly 5 people that know for sure how it went down, and 2 of those are beyond telling their tales in this plane of existence.

Why do we care? It’s 4 guys all approaching their 30s playing music. The heaps of meaning are layered on afterwards.

Watch the rooftop concert, enjoy the records and save yourself 7 hours…

Just now, Burns-bass said:

Why do we care? It’s 4 guys all approaching their 30s playing music. The heaps of meaning are layered on afterwards.

Watch the rooftop concert, enjoy the records and save yourself 7 hours…

Each to their own mate. I'm quite happy to spend 7 hours getting even a little bit of insight into the writing process of one of the most successful bands in history.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Crawford13 said:

Each to their own mate. I'm quite happy to spend 7 hours getting even a little bit of insight into the writing process of one of the most successful bands in history.

Fair enough. I guess you’d hope that the records (which I adore) are the best they can do. If you want to listen to 14 takes of Get Back that’s all good!