Why become a member? ×

Manson's in Exeter

uk_lefty

I meant to write this a while ago but time slipped by. I often moan about couriers but wanted to be positive (which is far less entertaining but possibly more useful!). 

Manson's guitars in Exeter are brilliant. I first came across them when down that way visiting the in-laws and since then have bought from them quite a few times. I recently ordered a new strap for my Washburn headless. Manson's sell Right-On straps which are "vegan leather" straps that look awesome, are comfy to wear, and are really durable. A few times now in the last few years I've called and asked if they could get me straps that they don't have in stock. I ordered one recently and knowing it was likely coming from Spain I was OK with the wait. They kept in touch, apologised profusely - though it's not their fault, so I replied to that email saying words to the effect "no worries, I don't expect it to be quick in the current climate" and when the strap arrived I had a lovely hand written note thanking me for my patience. 

The personal touch really makes it. 

All round top service. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Manson's sell Right-On straps which are "vegan leather" straps that look awesome, are comfy to wear, and are really durable.

Note that not all of the right-on straps are vegan, they have a vegan range. I have a blue paisley one from them which is nice.

Mansons have always been fairly helpful, although I am not sure I have ever bought from them, they are quite small.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Note that not all of the right-on straps are vegan, they have a vegan range. I have a blue paisley one from them which is nice.

Ah didn't know that, I'd thought they all were. I'm not massively into the whole vegan thing but at the same time when you can make something "just as good as" without needing animal products then why not? Is my view anyways. I mainly love the designs on the straps, have got two racing stripe ones and a very nice gold one for my special bass! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uk_lefty said:

Ah didn't know that, I'd thought they all were. I'm not massively into the whole vegan thing but at the same time when you can make something "just as good as" without needing animal products then why not?

I am of the same mind, I am not vegan, although my wife is, but yes, if you can do somethign with less harm that should be a no brainer.

Most of my other straps are US, seems oddly that is more of a thing there, Couch straps and Denali

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Mansons have always been fairly helpful, although I am not sure I have ever bought from them, they are quite small.

You people eat guitar straps?

• Haha 1

Mansons are pretty famous. Manson built  basses, and  a 10 string bass , for  John Paul Jones and guitars for Jimmy Page and guitars for Muse ........ both basses and 6 string leccies. There's many more

Mansons built a 3 neck oddball thingy for JPJ that had a 12 string,  6  string +   mandolin

13 hours ago, fleabag said:

Mansons are pretty famous. Manson built  basses, and  a 10 string bass , for  John Paul Jones and guitars for Jimmy Page and guitars for Muse ........ both basses and 6 string leccies. There's many more

Mansons built a 3 neck oddball thingy for JPJ that had a 12 string,  6  string +   mandolin

Indeed - although that mansons is technically different to the shop, owned by a different brother in the family (actually was, but now owned by Matt Belamy)