Why become a member? ×

Any good tutorials you’d recommend?

Raphaello

Hello!

I used to “play” bass in a band years ago but haven’t touched it for about 15years now. I didn’t play well, I used a plectrum and just bashed at it like a guitar, and I didn’t understand really what I was playing. My band mates would just tell me what frets and strings to hit lol.

I play piano now though and my understanding of music is greater than before. I was just wondering if anyone had any favourite YouTube channels that they know of that are easy to understand for beginners to learn from?

I could google it buuuuut I’m trying to build up my posts here so I can access a friends blog, I think I need 5 posts and this is my third haha!

thanks In advance 

My favourite YouTube tutorial channel is Beholden To The Riff.

Jered really breaks down the songs well and gives great tips on techniques and getting the tone. As well as song tutorials he has technical tutorials and gear reviews and endless enthusiasm for playing bass. It is mostly heavy metal but generally quite interesting songs rather than just smashing out death metal. He occasionally goes back to the roots of heavy music with songs from bands like Cream and Pink Floyd plus Black Sabbath are regularly featured and Geezers blues inspired bass lines are always fun

https://youtube.com/channel/UC0B0JPGg6g6Y0jg5r43Sciw