Why become a member? ×

Most blatant, unashamed rip off bands

Weird. I remember seeing Kingdom Come at the Edinburgh Playhouse, supporting Sabbath, I think. I quite enjoyed them, but don't recall them being Zep merchants. Will have to have a dig through the vinyl collection and see if I stil have the albums.

On 17/06/2021 at 14:10, Cosmo Valdemar said:

The Rutles weren't exactly innocent either, they got most of their material from Rutling Orange Peel (apparently).

Only up until they discovered tea. They went a bit weird after that.

3 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

What is she ripping off? She sounds very much like Miley there (in that I would know it was her without the video)

4 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Miley Cyrus ripping off Stevie Nicks??

I was sent the video from a friend noting the similarity to Ms Nicks, which is definitely there.

Not being familiar with Miley Cirus' work I can't comment if it sounds like her - it certainly sounds like Stevie Nicks to me too.

6 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I was sent the video from a friend noting the similarity to Ms Nicks, which is definitely there.

Not being familiar with Miley Cirus' work I can't comment if it sounds like her - it certainly sounds like Stevie Nicks to me too.

I am a big fan of stevie nicks 80s work and not really seeing that much of a sound similarity. I can't think of a SN track that that sounds like either, but I only have the albums up to The other side of the mirror, maybe her later work. Miley cyrus has always sounded pretty much the same. I guess they both have a bit of the sheep bleat effect to them, and they are both a bit nasaly but Mileys voice has a different peak in hers. If anything I would say that Miley is trying to channel her inner Dolly Parton.