Why become a member? ×

A call to ban the phrases….

Guest MoJo

On 14/06/2021 at 20:40, 40hz said:

A phrase I still use. As I'd rather not have any time wasters. It informs people you won't be too tolerant of tyre kicking.

Surely any half decent time waster would be attracted by that one. "Now here is a guy I can really irritate". Or is anyone who answers the add but finds the instrument not to their taste a time waster?

1 hour ago, mikel said:

Surely any half decent time waster would be attracted by that one. "Now here is a guy I can really irritate". Or is anyone who answers the add but finds the instrument not to their taste a time waster?

Then I send them on their way quickly. With regards to anyone who answers the advert but finds the Instument 'not to their taste', I've never had this in 20 years of buying and selling. People who have bought my basses etc, all know what they're looking for and are not looking to have a play on a random instrument to see if they like it. Being honest with descriptors also avoids any surprises with the bass when they do come to view.