Why become a member? ×

If anyone sees a white TKS112 for sale... it's pinched.

warwickhunt

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Glad it worked out in the end...

I've had sellers renege on deals when they didn't get what they'd hoped for/ expected - unfortunately that's the nature of auctions. 

likewise, glad you got sorted.

Surely if you've a figure in mind when listing it on the Bay then you put a reserve on it?

Dicey character indeed.

3 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

likewise, glad you got sorted.

Surely if you've a figure in mind when listing it on the Bay then you put a reserve on it?

Dicey character indeed.

You'd think so... unless you'd already sold it.  :/  

Maybe he got a higher offer after the end of the sale and thought he'd try his luck.  

I'm afraid as the years go by, F*ckbay has been infested with w@nkers.  Sellers and buyers.

Last w@nker i entailed ( last week )  was someone i bought some clothing from.  I bought it for the price it was listed at.   Waiting for the postie to turn up, and after 6 days, i get an email saying i was refunded by Paypal.   Ebay also messaged to say the reason i was refunded was because i asked the buyer to cancel the auction.

Since there was no messaging between us,  i called Ebay  ( in fact they called me ) and i said check the messaging between me and the seller, because there was none.  So she checked this and agreed he lied. There was no such cancellation by me.  The feedback option disappeared after i was refunded , so i pointed this out.  What they'll do about it is anyone's guess.  Bugger all i suspect

2 hours ago, fleabag said:

I'm afraid as the years go by, F*ckbay has been infested with w@nkers.  Sellers and buyers.

Last w@nker i entailed ( last week )  was someone i bought some clothing from.  I bought it for the price it was listed at.   Waiting for the postie to turn up, and after 6 days, i get an email saying i was refunded by Paypal.   Ebay also messaged to say the reason i was refunded was because i asked the buyer to cancel the auction.

Since there was no messaging between us,  i called Ebay  ( in fact they called me ) and i said check the messaging between me and the seller, because there was none.  So she checked this and agreed he lied. There was no such cancellation by me.  The feedback option disappeared after i was refunded , so i pointed this out.  What they'll do about it is anyone's guess.  Bugger all i suspect

As usual, consumer protection law is way behind the curve - it's still stuck in the 1970s

4 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Can you not get your card people to look at the PayPal email and take your funds back themselves?

I called them and had Paypal not refunded they would have initiated a process but seeing as PP have agreed to refund, they have said to let it run its course.  Any glitch along the way and they will step in.  

• Like 1