Why become a member? ×

If anyone sees a white TKS112 for sale... it's pinched.

warwickhunt

Image 1 - TKS High Performance Bass Speakers MINT HAND MADE IN SWEDEN REDUCED

Bought/Won said cab on ebay over a week ago (cheap enough at £199 starting bid with no other bidders), paid for it (+ £30 shipping) immediately.  Long story short; the cab hasn't been delivered to me because the seller has had someone knock on their door, claimed they had won the auction and were there to collect the cab.  Seller duly handed it over and is now puzzled/shocked that I am subsequently querying where/when my cab is to be delivered!  

The cab is patently now stolen property, so if anyone sees one popping up for sale any time soon please message me with the details as I'd be very interested to see who is selling it!  ;)  

All thoughts/comments welcome.    :) 

You paid for post/ courier and the seller gave it over to someone at the door...hmmmmm?  I assumed you’ve checked the sellers feedback on previous stuff.....next to try and find the phone number ( damned difficult) for an EBay operator and go through the whole thing.....this may help them to track or trace any unusual correspondence to and from this seller.......sorry to hear about this ordeal and loss of the cab, total let down for you. Could it be that Ebay just ‘may’ reimburse you if proved their system was at fault.....not a great way to spend Sunday! Good luck.

Edited by mybass

It certainly does smell fishy. If the story is true how would the tealeaf know for certain that the payment has been made?

Hypothetically if the seller is pulling a fast one, it could be that the auction ended on a lower price than the seller hoped for, so spinning this yarn is an attempt to get out of selling it at that price and getting ebay's fee waived - which would normally still be charged on a cancelled sale.

• Like 3

This is as dodgy as hell. How did the scammer know the seller's address?

I bought a double bass from eBay a few weeks ago. It was obviously collection only.

I was sent a collection code by eBay which the seller scanned using his phone, as proof that I’d collected it. I had no way of knowing where to collect it from though until the seller sent me his address.

Edited by ambient
  • Like 3

My thoughts are with the very fishy camp. Bidding ends, you pay. How would this supposed punter know that it had been paid? How would he know the guys address? Why would the guy hand it over without proof or contacting you. Did he leave feedback for you? The guy is at it!

• Like 1

You've all pretty much gone through my thought processes and conclusions!  

I was the winning bidder and even I don't have the seller's address... how the hell did a random person know he had the cab, that it was paid for and where to collect from?  Oddly there was an earlier correspondence from him to say it had been returned to him as damaged in transit by the courier but he has later refuted that and said it was a mistake and a different item.  

I would like to hope that ebay has a system whereby I will get a full refund as there is no evidence that this item has been delivered or collected by me!  

I also firmly believe that he is miffed that it only made £199 and he is just reneging on the deal and this is his 'get out'!  

However, I'll also be watching his future ebay sales with interest to see if it pops back up.  ;)  

• Like 1

What comms did the seller send out re collection? As you say you’ve not received any, so it’s down to them to prove to Ebay, and they won’t be able to. As has been said, their problem not yours, start the dispute ASAP.

18 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

You've all pretty much gone through my thought processes and conclusions!  

I was the winning bidder and even I don't have the seller's address... how the hell did a random person know he had the cab, that it was paid for and where to collect from?  Oddly there was an earlier correspondence from him to say it had been returned to him as damaged in transit by the courier but he has later refuted that and said it was a mistake and a different item.  

I would like to hope that ebay has a system whereby I will get a full refund as there is no evidence that this item has been delivered or collected by me!  

I also firmly believe that he is miffed that it only made £199 and he is just reneging on the deal and this is his 'get out'!  

However, I'll also be watching his future ebay sales with interest to see if it pops back up.  ;)  

You should have received a code which he would scan as proof that you’ve collected it. Without that and with no proof of postage/delivery I should imagine a refund would be straightforward.

I won an eBay auction for an effects pedal a few years ago. I was the only bidder, it was a really stupid price. The seller contacted me a few days later to say that he’d been on his way to the post office to post it, he’d stopped briefly to go shopping and whatever I’d won had been stolen from his car. He just refunded me. Then a month later he was selling it again, the theft was just an excuse to cancel the transaction.

42 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

What comms did the seller send out re collection? As you say you’ve not received any, so it’s down to them to prove to Ebay, and they won’t be able to. As has been said, their problem not yours, start the dispute ASAP.

No comms!  After 5 days I asked for a tracking number 'no response'.  After 7 days I started eBay input 'no response'.  1 day before eBay would take action, I get the message that he was confused as someone had collected it!

18 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

Sounds to me this is exactly what happened. Very surprised you haven’t been refunded by eBay though. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jakester said:

Sounds to me this is exactly what happened. Very surprised you haven’t been refunded by eBay though. 

eBay/Paypal have had a few changes of late.  eBay made me wait 10 days for him to attempt delivery and then it was transferred to Paypal... who say I have to wait 7 days while they contact eBay for details!  :/  

Luckily I paid on my credit card through Paypal but if I need to go down that route I'll be involving Action Fraud and the Police (not sure if it will be of help but my wife works for the Police) as it is theft from me rather than him.  

Edited by warwickhunt