Why become a member? ×

NBD madness!

Triumph_Rock

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I almost got one a couple of months ago, and I keep going backwards and forwards about it, but until I have had a chance to play one I can't really justify it!

Congrats on the new bass, hope it is great

It was really a case for me that I had been looking at basses online from Fender, Ibanez, Warwick. Then I got listening to Motorhead, was reminiscing how Lemmy is one of my main reason for picking up bass. My next bass had to be a 5 string. So I looked at 5 string Ric's online, found video reviews and read some reviews. So I pulled the plug on one. Big gamble, having never played a Ric before. But glad I did. I much prefer the look of the 5 string Ric than the 4 string.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Triumph_Rock said:

So I pulled the plug on one. Big gamble, having never played a Ric before. But glad I did. I much prefer the look of the 5 string Ric than the 4 string.

Indeed - I like the 5 string. I mean I like rics but I couldn't spend that much on a 4 string, as they don't get played much. Just need to know if it is something that I can use first. I figure at some stage someone I know will have one and I can give it a try, I doubt I will ever see one in a shop!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Indeed - I like the 5 string. I mean I like rics but I couldn't spend that much on a 4 string, as they don't get played much. Just need to know if it is something that I can use first. I figure at some stage someone I know will have one and I can give it a try, I doubt I will ever see one in a shop!

Maybe give Ricky Sounds a try, the 5 string Ric has a vintage and modern tone range. I think it has some really usable tones, surely somewhere in the UK had one in. The new pick-up seem to do a great job of equal volume across all 5 strings.