Why become a member? ×

Source Audio Editor, Hub and Associated Pedals

stewblack

Just wanted a general thread about the use of the SA software and hardware to save me entirely hijacking the C4 thread.

Thought we could post questions, share tricks and tips.

I have one such query ready to go!

4 pedals connected to the hub, USB connecting hub to PC.

When I click on the icon for my pedals I see this image.thumb.png.c29b25c61812a1733f9642a805b8e798.png

for each of them except the Ultrawave. When I select the Ultrawave I see this image.thumb.png.e0fafc497c9875d666266761ac9ddad5.png

I notice the available controls are identical to those on the pedal. I also notice altering them makes no discernible difference to the sound of the pedal.

Here are my questions: What the hell? Why can't I edit the Ultrawave?

Edited by stewblack
grammar

The UW far exhausts the capability of what information the hub can store so only stores a small set of parameters. As a compromise, the Hub scene saving can be used to directly recall UW presets (this is the first pedal where this is possible).

I haven’t yet used the Hub to edit the UW - I have only ever plugged that in directly. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

14 hours ago, SumOne said:

Does anyone know if there is a setting buried somewhere on Neuro or on the DMC micro to stop the DMC turning on the C4 while scrolling through preset numbers?

The C4 presets load in whatever engage/bypass state is stored in the preset. If you want to load them bypassed when using PC messages then you will need to edit and resave the presets with the state-upon-load button set to “bypass”.

This is one area where using the Hub is good as there are separate CCs for “load engaged” and “load bypassed”.

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

The C4 presets load in whatever engage/bypass state is stored in the preset. If you want to load them bypassed when using PC messages then you will need to edit and resave the presets with the state-upon-load button set to “bypass”.

This is one area where using the Hub is good as there are separate CCs for “load engaged” and “load bypassed”.

I'm not sure why, but saving presets as 'bypassed' doesn't solve it either. The DMC still automatically turns the C4 on when scrolling through any presets (whether they are set to bypassed or not as a preset). I assume it's the DMC causing the issue because if the DMC uses its device preset page list (e.g preset A001, A002 etc, for device A) then long holding the left FS will engage/disengage it sending anything to the C4, so you can disengage while scrolling through presets then hold down again to engage. It's a bit of a shame though as the DMC main preset list (e.g. P001 etc.) is the one that you can rename the presets on the DMC display but you can't disengage by holding down the left FS when viewing that list as it goes to 'save'. There's probably a solution buried somewhere in the DMC menus but I'll give up for now as it might just be because I'm using a Beta version for the preset naming function and they haven't ironed everything out yet.

Edited by SumOne

27 minutes ago, stewblack said:

How do you turn the pedals off again? Using the hub, I mean.

Is it just a case of saving a preset with all the pedals off? 

Yes, you could save a scene with all pedals bypassed. Or program a button then sends the disengage command on all connected channels, which means you could bypass all pedals in any scene. 

• Thanks 1