Why become a member? ×

Fender Classic 70s Jazz Bass - SOLD
£490
Wokingham, Berkshire

crabman

Bought on here from Del Fletch in 2017, and never gigged by me. Just home use and a couple of rehearsals. It isn't seeing any use now that I've bought a Sadowsky NYC, and good looking basses deserve to be played.

Very good condition apart from a couple of very light surface marks on the body that I can see, having just had a quick look. I've tried to show it on the photos in full daylight. Scratch plate has some light surface marks as you would expect being black. I have just plugged it in and everything works as it should. 3 Tone Sunburst, very pretty block and bound neck and comes with a serviceable Kinsman case.

Pickup preferred, but I'm happy to ship if need be.

Weight is 4.160kg which works out at 9.17lb according to Google. Full specs from the website:

• 3-Color Sunburst
  • Alder body
  • Maple neck, 70s C Shape
  • Rosewood fingerboard, 7.25” Radius (184mm)
  • 20 Vintage Style Frets
  • 34" (863.6mm) Scale Length
  • 1.50" (38mm) Width at Nut 
  • 2 Vintage Style Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups with AlNiCo Magnets
  • American Vintage 70s Jazz Bass with Single Groove Saddles
  • Vintage 70s "Fender" Stamped Open-Gear Tuning Machines
  • Chrome hardware
  • 3 Ply Black Pickguard
  • White Fingerboard Binding
  • White Pearloid Block Inlay
  • Synthetic Bone Nut
  • Vintage Styling
  • "Bullet" Truss Rod Adjustment Nut
  • 4-Bolt Neck Plate

Photos from today - Hercules stand not included!

IMG_5963.JPEG

IMG_5964.JPEG

IMG_5965.JPEG

IMG_5966.JPEG

IMG_5967.JPEG

IMG_5968.JPEG

IMG_5969.JPEG

IMG_5970.JPEG

IMG_5971.JPEG

Edited by crabman
Sold
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Shocked this is still here

If I didn't have three Jazz basses already, it wouldn't be!

Not that far from me, either,

Edited by FinnDave

Apologies for being slow to respond to the DMs! I've been out and about today so I'm playing catch up.

I need to work out how much UK mainland shipping would be. I usually use Eurosender as I liked the combination of insurance and discount, but it appears their relationship with DPD has broken down due to Brexit rules. Whilst Poland to Portugal is still 27 euros, sending UK to UK from them is currently a rather tasty 252 euros! Ouch...

Who's recommended for shipping? The case is semi hard, so better than a gig bag, but not a full hard case.

Or should I stick with collection only?

I have used APC through OverlandExpress with good results, usually around £30 for UK to UK insured. But check the hard case re the insurance as some specify it must be in a hard case wrapped in cardboard.

Nice bass by the way. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Basscabman said:

Am I right In thinking these jazzes have the chunkier thickness necks? 

Nice bass.

It is a very slim C shaped neck. 

The American Original 70s and American AVRI 74s had the deeper 9.5" U shaped necks, which some love and some definitely don't. 

OK, having done some more reading I've decided to skip shipping as the case would make an insurance null and void. Shipping is already expensive and I'm not looking to cover the cost of shipping SKB cases back and forth!

I'm in no major rush to see so collection only which means you can test it out first, or I'm happy to travel up to 40 miles if you'd rather meet half way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic