Why become a member? ×

Due to the pandemic, what unused gear you got you're itching to play at the next gig?

Lo Ki

On 12/06/2021 at 06:43, Lo Ki said:

Right before the pandemic, I bought an LTD AX 414 & a BC Rich Platinum Warlock (yeah, I play metal lol!) to use for upcoming gigs but still haven't used them for live shows. In the last year I've also acquired a Subway D800+ di and a Darkglass AO preamp pedal. Sounds great at rehearsals but there's nothing like LIVE. It made me wonder, what new or unused(live performance) gear are you itching to play when the venues open up?

IMG_20210517_104958.jpg

I'm itching to play that with my big band! :D 

• Haha 1

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2021 at 08:58, bassbiscuits said:

I’ve used a couple of Markbass heads for ages but never paid the cabs much attention until recently. They’re great for what I’m after - lightweight, modular set up that’s easy to fit in a Fiesta. 

Ditto, I use a couple of NY121s which fit easily into the boot of a 5dr Mini.  I know the MB cabs have had criticism but I've found them spot on.  Looked for something to replace them with a couple of years back but couldn't find anything that competed on price/size/weight/rating at the time.

• Like 1

My Orange AD200B head which was funded by a chance pay out last summer. I did manage to use it for one show between lockdowns in November 2020 but it certainly hasn't had the use it would have had compared to my live schedule in 2019. The photo bombing drummer has been with me a lot longer.

ORig.jpg.c7db71f6e7961cdf979afacc931e0c6f.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Ditto, I use a couple of NY121s which fit easily into the boot of a 5dr Mini.  I know the MB cabs have had criticism but I've found them spot on.  Looked for something to replace them with a couple of years back but couldn't find anything that competed on price/size/weight/rating at the time.

Yeah I remember trying them a long while ago when I was using a big heavy Aguilar 4x10, and preferring my Aguilar.

But that’s long gone as it was too heavy to drag around. For what I do (mostly city centre gigs with rubbish parking, and a whole range of dep bass jobs) there’s not much wrong with Markbass stuff. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cat Burrito said:

My Orange AD200B head which was funded by a chance pay out last summer. I did manage to use it for one show between lockdowns in November 2020 but it certainly hasn't had the use it would have had compared to my live schedule in 2019. The photo bombing drummer has been with me a lot longer.

ORig.jpg.c7db71f6e7961cdf979afacc931e0c6f.jpg

Bet that sounds cool 

• Like 1