Why become a member? ×

Due to the pandemic, what unused gear you got you're itching to play at the next gig?

Lo Ki

Right before the pandemic, I bought an LTD AX 414 & a BC Rich Platinum Warlock (yeah, I play metal lol!) to use for upcoming gigs but still haven't used them for live shows. In the last year I've also acquired a Subway D800+ di and a Darkglass AO preamp pedal. Sounds great at rehearsals but there's nothing like LIVE. It made me wonder, what new or unused(live performance) gear are you itching to play when the venues open up?

IMG_20210517_104958.jpg

• Like 3

Peavey VB2 valve bass amp. Big enough to be loud enough, small enough to get the power valves working hard. Bought for a bargain price during lockdown #1 and not used in anger yet. Gigs start for us in July with s couple of festivals but I'll probably wait until I've got some comfortable set up time before I let it rip!

• Like 3

I’m not in a gigging band right now, but I have bought a new rig during the pandemic, amp is the same as I foolishly sold my Ashdown ABM600 so bought another one, but I now have two of their ABM PRO NEO 210s, so if do end up gigging then they’ll get used. Plus I bought a couple of great basses too, Fender Precision & Precision Deluxe, depending on band type one of those will get the call.

Gig tonight.  Taking both these old Antorias but probably use the Precision.  A previous owner had fitted it with a '75 Fender pickup and, basically, it rocks :)  

IMG_20210521_092614.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 3

Prior to lockdown one, I bought a sennheiser radio mic. a 945, I did get to use it last summer and now am using it again. Great bit of kit

Also, for a new function band thing I'm doing, A Vintage Jerry Donahue telecaster into a Vox MV-50 AC. This is a digital 50 watt amp, the size of a tub of margarine. It's awesome. Really incredible. 

• Like 1

A rucksack. Yes, really. Prior to lockdown, I had this big heavy holdall that I was using to transport all my cables, including a whole bunch of spares, and it was starting to annoy me, so I replaced it with a nifty little rucksack for the stuff I use at every gig, and then a smaller holdall for the things that can be left in the car because I (hopefully) won't need them. I was really pleased with this rucksack - it's exactly the right size, everything Tetrisses into place very nicely, and because it goes on my back it frees up a hand when loading in or out. Never had the chance to take it to a gig.

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:Plus I bought a couple of great basses too, Fender Precision & Precision Deluxe, depending on band type one of those will get the call.

Nice choices Lozz. I’ve got a Precision Deluxe I bought new in 2003 and I’m interested to know what choices you’ll be making when deciding which one to play.

Back on topic, I bought a Harley Benton short-scale P bass. It seems to cut the mustard at the rehearsals we’ve had so I’m looking forward to taking it out for a gig.

• Like 1

I'll be playing my P bass at tonight's gig, which I've had since 2013. I'll take the Jazz bass I bought a few months earlier as a back-up.

The other five basses including one a bought a few weeks ago are staying at home (again).

I'm looking forward to using my "customised" Laney rig and Washburn bass . I'm due an "audition" with band in couple of weeks, so at least the rig now stands a slight chance of seeing a bit of live action at some point. The led's were an attempt to distract the crowd from all the noise and wrong notes I will be producing, then I remembered that being a bass player,  no one will be listening anyway.

Washburn-Laney Rig.jpg

• Like 1

This Markbass rig I’ve pulled together over the last couple of months. Traveller 102P and STD 104HF cabs (both Italian) and a Little Mark 2 head I’ve had for a while.

Ive made the bookshelves buzz here but will have to wait until end of the month to christen at an outdoor pub gig. Until then it’s just pretty furniture. 

8BF12B9B-CAEA-4F6C-85ED-F6BD740359FF.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Urban Bassman said:

This...once I've found a band....

20210608_204821.jpg

Ooooffff!!! That Spector ❤️......... I would be happy sitting at home looking at that!

And i bought a few bits during lockdown but realised that it was because i was bored rather than needed them so moved most of them on. Apart from a Handbox R400 which i'm looking forward to giving it the beans :-) 

• Thanks 2

So much stuff I'm looking forward to trying....I might just swap like a mad man every week which I used to hate guitarists doing! :)

Gallien Krueger Fusion 550.

Gallien Krueger Fusion 800S.

Bugera BVV3000.

Electron Green Fender Precision.

Spector Holoflash Legend 4.

Orange bass collection entwistle tribute.

20210206_150354.thumb.jpg.43c2841fd13b0551281ff10797397588.jpg20210422_110844.thumb.jpg.e21abc5d8b7c45ff8f7c44b7d1e28378.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Ramps make me feel weird, but that's lovely! Is it a Status or a Washburn? I can't see any logos!

Status Eclipse, initially I thought I will not like it too (I got it installed already) but it actually makes sense for me as I use to always play on top of the pickups anyway. 

I've just bought a EBS TD650, so can't wait to try that in a band setting.

I also bought a Keeley Caverns a couple of months ago and whilst it's probably completely impractical in the sort of band I'm in, I'm sure I'll find a way to make use of it.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2021 at 23:56, bassbiscuits said:

This Markbass rig I’ve pulled together over the last couple of months. Traveller 102P and STD 104HF cabs (both Italian) and a Little Mark 2 head I’ve had for a while.

Ive made the bookshelves buzz here but will have to wait until end of the month to christen at an outdoor pub gig. Until then it’s just pretty furniture. 

8BF12B9B-CAEA-4F6C-85ED-F6BD740359FF.jpeg

Markbass is what I currently use. Love'm!

Edited by Lo Ki
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lo Ki said:

Markbass is what I currently use. Love'm!

I’ve used a couple of Markbass heads for ages but never paid the cabs much attention until recently. They’re great for what I’m after - lightweight, modular set up that’s easy to fit in a Fiesta. 

• Like 1