Why become a member? ×

Mammoth WVH

NancyJohnson

Two albums dropped here today; Wolfgang Van Halen's 'Mammorth WVH' and another from past Chez NJ house favourite Garbage, with 'No Gods, No Masters'.

The Garbage album is just awful.  The Wolfie album has been on rotation since 9.00am...4.5/5.0.  it's a great shame that these fanboys just want another Van Halen type album, which this isn't; it's just a great slab of modern AOR.  Production is top notch.

Edited by NancyJohnson
I put in the album titles. Soz.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Two albums dropped today; Wolfgang Van Halen and Chez NJ house favourites Garbage.

The Garbage album is just awful.  The Wolfie album has been on rotation since 9.00am...4.5/5.0.  it's a great shame that these fanboys just want another Van Halen type album, which this isn't; it's just a great slab of modern AOR.  Production is top notch 

Viz Garbage their debut is easily their best. 2.0 is OK but not as good as it's rep suggests while Bleed Like Me is the much better than its general rating. Disappointed with both Not Your Kind of People and Strange Little Birds

I've never heard of Mamoth WVH, but just checked the album out on Spotify, on my phone. Two things struck me: excellent album cover, the sort you would be excited to walk out of the shop with, hoping the music would be good too; 10s of the first track says there is no point in playing this on the phone so I'll have to get up and play it properly loud.

Thanks for the heads-up. 👍🤘

• Like 2

Sat in my new Stressless chair with an empty house playing Mammoth WVH on Spotify right now - a rare moment of me time on a Saturday. First impressions are that i really like it - good songwriting and he really has his own identity going on

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know most of us have a vested interest in this album, either because of his dad's band or him playing in his dad's band, it's interesting that my wife - who comes into the rock area via Ash, The Cure and Motion City Soundtrack - listened to it, genuinely enjoyed and didn't know who it was until until Distance came on.

It is a lovely album.  I wish it were longer and there were more albums like this out there.

• 1 month later...

Just got around to listening to Mammoth WVH today.  I fancied something different to my usual Death Metal.  I also liked his bass work with Tremonti.  It's a cracking album overall.  Even more impressive when you consider that he played everything himself.  Boy's got talent for sure.  Very impressed.