Why become a member? ×

Honest ad or not?

mowf

3 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Have you looked up the serial number 

Just checked and it is a legit 1962 number. Don’t know much more than that though. Ran it through DVLA out of curiosity and it’s not had an MoT recently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I tend to follow jazzes and I don’t do fb, but I would ask the seller for more pics, especially, the neck heel and pocket, the pot stamps and the pickups and as much info as possible 🙂,it’s a cool looking Precision 

Edited by Reggaebass

2 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

Whatever the details are, calling it mint isn't exactly accurate.

Unfortunately the word ‘mint’ is now used as urban slang to mean nice, which indeed the bass may possibly be 😀.

I do agree though that it doesn’t fall within the traditional definition of mint, especially since it has been refinished, albeit some years ago.

I messaged the seller asking for more details on originality etc., and was overwhelmed by the deluge of information he responded with:

"Original covers but no original case 👍"

That's cleared everything up then. Now where did I put my chequebook?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

Apart from the covers is it all original 

I haven't got the energy to pursue him any further! Not really getting the reassuring vibes I'd need to persuade me to part with decent used car money for an old bass.

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

Vintage fenders are always a minefield, there are some really nice ones out there that have good authentication, but they are highly priced, I’m always sceptical about low priced ones 

He does say it’s a refin so not sure I would categorise it as low priced, even if it was through a dealer.