Why become a member? ×

Whatever happened to the heroes?

Supernaut

3 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Jet Black looking nervously towards his drumkit...

I guess Greenfield didn’t spot Hugh playing the keyboards with a drum stick then!

Mind you, I thought Dave looked pretty convincing as frontman👍.

Edited by Nail Soup
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

plagiarised? More inspired I would think.

Although now you just have to use the same chords and you are in court.

Plus one to that. As much as I like the stones in particular I think the Vikings did less plundering. Then there is Led Zep…

2 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

tenuous link I'd say, now Duchess and the Manics Tolerate is another story altogether.

And listen to the bassline line to Nice & Sleazy, then to one of the mid section breaks in Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas and there’s not that much difference. Similarly the verses on Duchess and Surrender by Cheap Trick bear more than a passing resemblance. Should point out I’m not knocking The Stranglers here, great band, loved them since the late 70s.

20 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

And listen to the bassline line to Nice & Sleazy, then to one of the mid section breaks in Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas and there’s not that much difference. Similarly the verses on Duchess and Surrender by Cheap Trick bear more than a passing resemblance. Should point out I’m not knocking The Stranglers here, great band, loved them since the late 70s.

yes, see what you mean with Surrender, one of my justifications for nicking idea's when writing a song is they probably stole from someone else 😃

• Haha 1

Playback is not their thing for sure. 🤣

I love the wine bottle fiddling by a ... wine seller : excellent way to loop a loop.

Loved the Stranglers until Hugh Cornwell departure.

That said, Muse (that I don't like at all because they have just copy-paste Ultravox! and never cited them as an "influence") have taken the playback joke a step ahead with great fun up to the interview...

12 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Playback is not their thing for sure. 🤣

I love the wine bottle fiddling by a ... wine seller : excellent way to loop a loop.

Loved the Stranglers until Hugh Cornwell departure.

That said, Muse (that I don't like at all because they have just copy-paste Ultravox! and never cited them as an "influence") have taken the playback joke a step ahead with great fun up to the interview...

On the subject of 'Inspired by' I always thought there's a touch of the Dr Who Theme in that one...

On 10/06/2021 at 14:06, Woodinblack said:

plagiarised? More inspired I would think.

Although now you just have to use the same chords and you are in court.

The feel of a song will get you sued. Although I reckon the woke mob wanted this one taken off the airwaves.

5 hours ago, bode said:

The feel of a song will get you sued. Although I reckon the woke mob wanted this one taken off the airwaves.

Quite right too - 4 and a half minutes of dreadful misogyny. My daughter was raped while out of it, does that make her a 'good girl'?

Edited by BreadBin
  • Sad 1