Why become a member? ×

Fender LT25 v Ashdown Studio 8

Bobass

Hi

Some advice needed. I only play bass at home, at present through a zoom b1 four with headphones. 

Looking for a small amp to get a more realistic sound, hence should I go for the Ashdown studio 8 and plug in the zoom b14 or sell the zoom and buy the all in one Fender LT25. 

Cash wise both options will work out the same

2 minutes ago, Bobass said:

Hi

Some advice needed. I only play bass at home, at present through a zoom b1 four with headphones. 

Looking for a small amp to get a more realistic sound, hence should I go for the Ashdown studio 8 and plug in the zoom b14 or sell the zoom and buy the all in one Fender LT25. 

Cash wise both options will work out the same

Really? I thought the Fender amp was quite expensive. 

Not sure the Fender amp is going to give you much more than you get from the zoom, though having had an older generation of the Fender modelling amps I know they're very good. I'd say get the Ashdown. By selling the zoom you'd lose a lot of stuff with the effects that you won't get back from a modelling amp. Plus you can use the zoom to plug in to a PA for gigs and so on... Its generally a more useful thing to have IMO. 

Hi

Cheers for reply, the fenders are at £159, ashdown at £109 so not far off if I sell the zoom, appreciate the fact that the zoom will give a bit more flexibility plus if I pair it up with ashdown studio it will still give me two separate units.

Have just purchased short scale Gretsch 2200 with mini humbuckers and just a tad concerned re the 8 inch speaker in both amps. Will it be big enough to get a reasonable sound. 

4 hours ago, Bobass said:

Hi

Cheers for reply, the fenders are at £159, ashdown at £109 so not far off if I sell the zoom, appreciate the fact that the zoom will give a bit more flexibility plus if I pair it up with ashdown studio it will still give me two separate units.

Have just purchased short scale Gretsch 2200 with mini humbuckers and just a tad concerned re the 8 inch speaker in both amps. Will it be big enough to get a reasonable sound. 

You'll get a reasonable enough sound because you're looking at good quality gear there. At low volumes you're well equipped. It's of or when you want to play with others you might need a bigger speaker and a bigger amp to push it.