Why become a member? ×

Davie504 (again)

I know he pretty much divides opinion on here but I think this is a really fantastic bit of melodic and tasteful playing (well perhaps before the slapfest starts)

There's also a useful link to the Interactive TAB below the video if anyone fancies learning it (it's hard btw). I'm going to have a go although the slap is well beyond my ability.

actually starts at 1:07

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/davie504/s-l-a-p-p-guitar-pro-3445838

Edited by skidder652003
  • Like 6

I started watching his videos at the start of the first lockdown. At first his attitude put me off but as I watched I got used to it and can see it’s all an act, he does pretty good videos and they’re entertaining. 

was semi tempted to sign up for his patreon to get some of the tabs for songs he’s done but I don’t understand the charging methods so didn’t in end

Edited by waylander

5 minutes ago, ubit said:

The guy is clearly very good but an annoying twatt!

Ha! I think that's all part of the social media game though? Would like to see him in a band context, like Mono Neon has done, to prove its not all bedroom noodling. I'd love to be able to play like that, but I don't think it would work in amongst Jumping Jack Flash, etc. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Ha! I think that's all part of the social media game though? Would like to see him in a band context, like Mono Neon has done, to prove its not all bedroom noodling. I'd love to be able to play like that, but I don't think it would work in amongst Jumping Jack Flash, etc. 

I think his personality is. His gf has her own YouTube channel and he’s featured in that with a totally different personality. 

he also did an interview about his Chowny signature bass at an expo and he is totally different. Seems very quiet and humble rather then the YouTube persona, I think he mentioned somewhere too he got bullied a lot growing up.

In one of his videos he said he was in a band when he lived in the Uk prior to moving to Thailand, idk if there’s any footage of him playing online or even their name as he doesn’t mention it

Edited by waylander
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Stylon Pilson said:

He says it himself in the first minute of the video - videos of playing bass get very few views compared to videos of him being a memelord. I don't watch his videos myself, but you can't really blame him for how the "system" works.

S.P.

Nope he's seen an opportunity to create a channel and make money from it so fair play. There are many others with vids that require far less input and talent and who are probably making more money than him e.g. putting up reaction vids. He's got 9.44 million subscribers and has 1.44 billion views - way more than other bass channels so clearly he's got major appeal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

Nope he's seen an opportunity to create a channel and make money from it so fair play. There are many others with vids that require far less input and talent and who are probably making more money than him e.g. putting up reaction vids. He's got 9.44 million subscribers and has 1.44 billion views - way more than other bass channels so clearly he's got major appeal.

Agreed. There's some really trivial B. S on YouTube. Reaction videos, unboxing videos... Years ago over in the US my nephews were watching videos of adults playing with toys, it was some weird marketing type stuff to demonstrate toys but I felt a little sad that they were watching this rather than just playing themselves. Probably like me watching bass videos instead of playing bass myself! 

21 minutes ago, owen said:

These have entered my consciousness recently. They are shockingly poor. 

That's for sure. In fact along with 'cats do crazy things' uploads I'd say reaction vids are the lowest common denominator  in the YTverse, especially of the ' tweenie Taylor Swift fans react to Cannibal Corpse' ilk.

Edited by Barking Spiders

37 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Especially for you. There's something innocently wonderful about seeing these chaps get introduced to Phil...

Shame it's not sub-titled, though; I can't tell if they detested or adored the track..! I suspect they'll not be looking it up for a Rick Beato analysis. :|