Why become a member? ×

Any self build bass makers also make guitars?

jazzyvee

I am about to get hold of a guitar body and a neck which belongs to a lifelong friend that needs making into a solid body electric guitar. It's a long story but I will. make it short. The body and neck were bought by his late father in the mid/late 1970's with the idea of my friend making his own guitar. But that never happened and now I have got hold of the parts without him knowing and want to complete the instrument and give it to him. I don't have the skills to build it and I don't want to spend a fortune for a custom builder like Jaydee etc to finish it as my mate has not played the guitar since the 70's. I am looking for someone local to Birmingham who would be able to take the body and neck and make a complete guitar from it. It does not need to be a high end guitar with high end pickups, basically it just needs to work and be built to a good standard as it will no doubt just be hung on the wall of his home as a sentimental item. The body from memory is mahogany and styled as a somewhere between a Gibson SG and a Yamaha SG but with a slab cut. The neck i think is a stratocaster style neck but without a fretboard or hardware.

Any one local who is interested in taking this on please PM me and we can exchange numbers and have a chat about what can be done and costs timescales etc. His birthday is in August so would be good to get it done by the end of that month if possible.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1