Why become a member? ×

Fender Nate Mendel Precision Bass MIM Now SOLD elsewhere
£775
Lancaster

ash

Fender MIM Nate Mendel 

These basses get excellent reviews and this is a lovely example. It is beautifully made and has the advantages of being equipped with a high mass bridge and a Seymour Duncan Quarterpounder. It’s also  part of the ‘Roadworn’ series so you don’t have to worry too much about dings! The neck is exceptional on this and has a played in feel. It comes with original gig bag and goodies plus a swappable FF neckplate. 

It weighs 4.4kgs on the kitchen scales and is perfectly balanced. Currently strung with heavy gauge Fender strings it’s perfect for rock. I bought it on a whim because it looks and plays so well however I prefer the feel of maple boards these days so it has got to go. 

No trades. UK only. Pickup preferred but I can possibly post at buyer’s cost if I can find a box. 

Edited by ash
SOLD elsewhere
  • Like 5

Hi Ash

Beautiful bass. I thought that these were relatively light. Everything that I have read suggests average around 8 to 8.5 pounds  / 3.6 - 3.9 kg so 4.4 kg / 9 lb 10oz seems very heavy. 

I am looking to upgrade my first bass and am considering a MIM Player precision. I would love to be able to stretch to this (about the same as a new Player with upgraded bridge and pick ups - not that I would need to yet). Unfortunately I think the weight would be too much (I am not 26 any more and spend too much time at a desk than is good for my back). 

They vary in weight like any Fender bass if you read the reviews and comments on talkbass etc. There are reports of them being as much as 11lbs and as little as 8. I’d say It’s about average for a Fender bass and I have a shoulder injury and don’t find it too heavy. The bridge probably accounts for the difference between this and my MIJ Precision however If you want a light weight Precision I’d look elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Gah.. always wanted one of these.. and I have been tennuously asked to do a one off dep for a Foos covers band in the summer (covid permiting). And I'd have to sell my CK-4. AHHHHHG.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tegs07 said:

If you were closer to Bristol I would also be interested. Sadly wouldn’t want to risk postage.

I’m well known for my bomb proof packaging if that’s any help?