Why become a member? ×

Banshees Wal MkI

On 04/06/2021 at 17:17, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Used by the banshees on two TV appearances? That makes it sound like it might have been lent or hired to the band to use whilst miming. The gunk on it looks terrible but nothing a squirt of cillit bang and a wipe with an oily rag couldn't sort out.

And some lemon oil on the fretboard 👍

• Like 1

On 05/06/2021 at 10:47, lowregisterhead said:

At a guess, 8-8.5k?

On reflection that's on the high side, but prices are rising. There have been a couple pop up around the 6K mark recently, but if it's not in the UK you'd need to add roughly 24% VAT and import duty to the price. Paul Herman at Wal has recently closed his order books for the foreseeable future, as he has so much work, waiting times have now risen to 4 years. That's probably boosted the second hand market.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 2

Nice, but I’d want some solid provenance if paying that much.  The fleur-de-lys fretboard inlays are pretty distinctive - found the attached pic with a quick search, but all you can really make out is that the inlays aren’t the standard dots.

Top band - saw them around 1980 (I think he was playing his Stingray then)

A0C6D846-FD6E-4C2B-A7D2-B779062095A8.jpeg

On 09/06/2021 at 09:29, Shaggy said:

Nice, but I’d want some solid provenance if paying that much.  

Agreed, especially since the vendor apparently doesn't even know the name of "the bass player in S & the B" ...

Coming soon, the actual microphone used on TOTP by that guy from the Sex Pistols, you know, the one who sang, what was his name again? Anyway, a snip at £5000 and still covered with gob too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Coming soon, the actual microphone used on TOTP by that guy from the Sex Pistols, you know, the one who sang, what was his name again? Anyway, a snip at £5000 and still covered with gob too.

Life is always stranger than fiction- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174703466110?hash=item28ad23567e:g:2EYAAOSwz5pgW187

(Not Johnny’s, but allegedly Betsy B!itch’s, 1980’s hair metal queen.  Although more likely “autographed” by her roadie....)

Edited by Shaggy
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Shaggy said:

Life is always stranger than fiction- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174703466110?hash=item28ad23567e:g:2EYAAOSwz5pgW187

(Not Johnny’s, but allegedly Betsy B!itch’s, 1980’s hair metal queen.  Although more likely “autographed” by her roadie....)

I was unaware of Betsy's oeuvre, and just fell down a rather weird YouTube S&M heavy metal rabbit hole. Thanks for that! I get the feeling that if the music business wasn't currently in the sh!tter, this particular piece of obscure memorabilia would have stayed in the bottom of the flightcase with the rest of the detritus...

• Haha 1

pretty sure this is the bass used in that live banhees nocturene gig at the royal albert hall, probably saw some action with the glove since this was about the same time severin was collaborating with robert smith. Its a fairly iconic bass.

if i was stupid rich i would pick this up in a heartbeat...

Edited by Musicman666

• 9 months later...