Why become a member? ×

RH750

GBLL

Question:

I have recently purchased a TC Electronic RH750 Bass Head. I use the RC4 foot-switch with it. I’m wanting to add a Boss Chorus pedal as well. How do I do this? I have tried various ways but can’t get the chorus pedal to work?? 

Just now, jrixn1 said:

You'll need two guitar cables.  The first cable goes from your bass to the input of the chorus pedal.  The second cable goes from the output of the chorus pedal to the input on the front of the RH750.

Thanks! I have tried it that way but I can’t get the pedal to work. There is a line driver out on the back panel! 

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/TC-Electronic-RH750-Bass-Amp-Head-Nearly-New/35UO?utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=0&tduid=6e396192346297d97b73f280e4fa7035&network=tradedoubler&affiliate_id=3044027&publisher=RedBrain+UK

The line driver out won't come into play here; it's for sending a signal to a mixing desk (for recording, or to go to a PA).

You say you can't get the pedal to work - do you mean you can hear your normal bass sound ok but the chorus effect is not added?  Or that you get silence?

When you press the footswitch, does the light come on? How are you powering it: battery or AC/DC adapter?

Hmmm 🤔 so when the pedal is connected to the Ashdown, it works; but when it's connected to the RH750, it doesn't work?

Perhaps the pedal has an intermittent fault, and by chance it just happened to work when you tried it with the Ashdown.  It definitely can't "know" which amp you're plugging it into!

• Thanks 1

Even if the input lead had gone open circuit, the light should still come on although you might have to press the footswitch. Most pedals us a stereo jack socket on the input, When a jack plug is inserted it connects the OV  in the circuit to the -ve of the battery/power supply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Even if the input lead had gone open circuit, the light should still come on although you might have to press the footswitch. Most pedals us a stereo jack socket on the input, When a jack plug is inserted it connects the OV  in the circuit to the -ve of the battery/power supply.

It's really confusing if a stereo jack is plugged in by mistake and nothing happens....not that I've ever done that, oh no 🤡

• Haha 1