Why become a member? ×

"We Are Ladyparts" - TV show

Nail Soup

54 minutes ago, Sarah5string said:

Started watching this over the weekend and it's brilliant. So clever and funny. Makes me want to put together an all female punk band

24 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

You really should.. the world actually does need more of these.! 👍

There are some very good ones out there, The Ramonas and Maid of Ace being a couple of them. It’s a great scene too, lots of fun and great people both in the bands and in the audiences.

5 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

There are some very good ones out there, The Ramonas and Maid of Ace being a couple of them. It’s a great scene too, lots of fun and great people both in the bands and in the audiences.

I want to do an all female covers band called Babes against the Machine. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Sarah5string said:

What about an 80’s German rock covers band called 

“mullet on my head” 😋

9 hours ago, Sarah5string said:

Well I don't think you should get started on that unless you can play at least one RATM song to music-degree-course-audition standard ;)!

• Haha 1

Watched 5/6 of this tonight. Love it, really cool.

Speaking of the various all-female punk bands, I used to be in a band with one of the Ramonas. I think she hated me for a long time because of the fact I quit that band 😅

16 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I enjoyed it.

In episode 4 where they played 'nine to five' in the Red Lion pub, I wonder why the large union flag decorating the stage behind the drum kit was hung upside-down?

They're either being ironic or they don't know which way is upside down ! ...Tbh I wouldn't recognise which way up it was either !..I'm told there's a difference,  but it just looks the same to me either way up.. I'm clearly a just simple soul ( or simpleton )  ;)

6 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I enjoyed it.

In episode 4 where they played 'nine to five' in the Red Lion pub, I wonder why the large union flag decorating the stage behind the drum kit was hung upside-down?

Probably to annoy the fatwa speculators.

• Haha 2

Gave it a go last night, not for me; the miming-playing was better than Robert Palmer's Addicted To Love video, but that was about it. Other than than, didn't crack a smile. After about 20 minutes, my Beloved on the other end of the sofa said 'Is this a comedy?', and I had to agree...

Still, it'd be an odd world if we all liked the same thing, etc... 😐🙂

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

I thought an upside down flag was a distress signal? 

There's a famous story I think from WWII where the captured English garrison managed to put the flag up upside down so some Commandos got to go in hot instead of getting ambushed by Ze Germans. Something like that...

On 09/06/2021 at 09:25, Muzz said:

the miming-playing was better than Robert Palmer's Addicted To Love

I don't know but to me they look like they can actually play. Thats more than mime playing.

‘All the cast have a musical background but don’t actually play the instruments that we end up playing on the show,’ reveals Anjana. ‘I play acoustic but had never played electric before, which was a nice parallel with Amina’s journey. Juliette plays guitar but had never played drums. Faith and Sarah are both incredible singers, but never played guitar and bass.'

That'd explain it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1